Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzzbux

Own all but the Fett concept. Still trying though (at a reasonable price).

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Goaty

Philip Madoc of Doctor Who/ A Mind To Kill and always know as the U-boat Captain in Dad's Army.

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Spikes

Its safe to say your name now Pike.

Albion

Jimmy Ellis who sang Disco Inferno.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17311645

I wonder if they will be play his song at the service if he is cremated.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Richmond Clements

johnnystress

so sad to hear it

Zarjazzer

oh damn no! :( :( H e was a flipping genius. So many of his images are in my head.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Buttonman

Such a shame - he had a cracking slightly off kilter style that I loved. Had his Iron Man poster on my wall for years as a teen but this one is more appropriate today.

Roger Godpleton

A true original.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Mudcrab

Wow, that's a sad one. Strangely enough, I've got a hardback Incal on it's way in the post! It shall be treasured.  :( Just got the dispatch email 7 minutes ago  :o
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

TordelBack

While I love Moebius' own freaky stories and peerless design, it was his art on Fort Navajo and Lt. Blueberry that really did it for me.  I just couldn't get enough of that stuff when I was a kid.  Very sorry to hear of his passing, he always seemed so young.

Colin YNWA

A genuine genius. An artist that could make astonishing alien world's, their inhabitants and the sun, stone and dust of the old west and make each so utterly authentic and real. We're lucky to have had him.

Heath C Ackley

Like Franzetta, he was a true master of fantasy/science fiction/comic art.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Spikes

Shamefully i have very little of Moebius' work in my collection - which is something i must rectify.
A true original.