Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Plumrose

The Secretary has already disavowed all knowledge, I'm sure.

Captain Oveur springing into action (accompanied by the MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE theme) in the AIRPLANE! films is pretty much guaranteed to have me laughing like a loon. As a young teen, it was among a growing list of in-jokes (M:I repeats courtesy of DEF II) I understood without needing someone to explain it to me.

'This is a job for . . .'
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: Goaty on 15 March, 2010, 09:07:14 AM
Peter Graves of Mission Impossible and the Airplane!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1257995/Airplane-Mission-Impossible-actor-Peter-Graves-dies-aged-83.html

He was good in Stalag 17.....

According to his agent, he died of a heart attack.
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Mike Gloady

He was a fair old age, but upon hearing his name at the beginning of a news story I had a horrible sinking feeling and, within a few words, was proved right.  First thing I thought of was coming to this thread to post "Do you like films about gladiators?"
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

SuperSurfer

Sad news about Peter Graves (confess I didn't know his name, though). Takes me back to the 1970s when I was rolling over the carpet forcing tears (with little success) having just seen the final episode of the 1960s Star Trek series. But the following week the slot was filled with Mission Impossible so all was well. What a nerd in the making I was.

Mike Gloady

Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?

Orlok

You ever hang around a gymnasium?

Sad news, though. used to love mission Impossible when I was a nipper and the set ups where Jim Phelps would pick up his self destructing tapes was awesome (and in retrospect pretty cumbersome)!!

uncle fester

Quote from: vzzbux on 13 March, 2010, 09:48:06 PM
The only drugs I have injected are the ones most people have as a child and the ones that didn't get given to us when we were in the Gulf back in 1990 and we all imagined it. But that is another debate to be had.

Hang on, what???

Mike Gloady

The drugs most of us have as a child?  I presume you mean vaccinations rather than ecstacy.  Which was a great fifth birthday.

vzzbux

Quote from: uncle fester on 16 March, 2010, 11:52:32 PM
Quote from: vzzbux on 13 March, 2010, 09:48:06 PM
The only drugs I have injected are the ones most people have as a child and the ones that didn't get given to us when we were in the Gulf back in 1990 and we all imagined it. But that is another debate to be had.

Hang on, what???

While serving in the army we were given a series of injections ranging from plague to anthrax vaccinations, apparently. The sort that made your arm numb within minutes, then when this Gulf War syndrome came about the government denied all knowledge, wherein we imagined it all.

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 17 March, 2010, 01:32:36 PM
The drugs most of us have as a child?  I presume you mean vaccinations rather than ecstacy.  Which was a great fifth birthday.

Yes that is correct.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

COMMANDO FORCES

When I left the forces I stole my medical records so I have those injections written down in that book just in case, for future help if I need it!
We all know medical records can go missing, well mine won't :lol:

Mike Gloady

Well done CF.  The whole gulf war syndrome thing is way too widespread and serious to be a figment of the collective imagination.  I was trying to make a joke there and failed.

I actually had my first E on my EIGHTH birthday.  MUCH more sensible.

Grant Goggans

Big Star singer and indie rock godfather Alex Chilton, dead yesterday at 59.

Peter Wolf

Thimerosal[a mercury derivative]is the ingredient in vaccines that caused Gulf War Syndrome.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

vzzbux

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 18 March, 2010, 01:49:24 PM
Thimerosal[a mercury derivative]is the ingredient in vaccines that caused Gulf War Syndrome.

But they never happened.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: vzzbux on 18 March, 2010, 08:29:03 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 18 March, 2010, 01:49:24 PM

But they never happened.

V

If the UK/US Govt who never lie say it never happened then i believe them.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death