Main Menu

1311 - The Scrap (No spoliers)

Started by Wils, 02 October, 2002, 01:11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wils

Couldn't breathe I was laughing that hard.
Major, major kudos Mr Spurrier.

Wils

paulvonscott

I have to say I missed it first time round and had to have it pointed out, duhh...

And yes, it's been fun, but can we stop now?  What is that, THREE refernces now, one via tharg, one in dredd and one in scrap?  It's an obsession.

It's either stop or give him his own strip (and no, that wasn't a suggestion).

Poor arthur must be feeling quite neglected.  His only hope is Bison II.

Wils

I think it'll be the last, to be honest, considering how long ago these scripts were written.

Art

Want to make bets on that characters chances of surviving prog 1312?

Matt

JTurner

DavidXBrunt

Prog 1306's Tharg Missive in Full -

'Greetings, I am Tharg the Mighty - Green skinned alien editor of this, the Galaxy's Greatest Comic!

scojo - **** off please!'

Surprised you missed it.

Tiplodocus

I did find the use of HIS name and the description of the words he used amusing but don't you think you guys could pick a harder target for these gags.

You shouldn't really kick DOWN at someone below you in the pecking order, you should be kicking upwards at people who have more power and the ability to reply to you in the same way.

Bad comedians always take the piss out of easy targets (trainspotters etc.) whereas good ones try and challenge the authority figures and the status quo.

But it still made me smile - mainly because you cleverly worked in a critique of his work rather than just do name calling.

I guess you are getting a reserved well-done.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Wood

Um, can I say how much I like the Scrap?

It took until episode 3 for me to warm to it and episode 4 for me to love it.

I think its development of character is spot on, and its pacing is excellent.

Most important, apart from the technical stuff, is that Si's got his own voice. He's not a Wagner/Mill/Morrison (Grant or Robbie) clone but someone else entirely, and it's that which makes the Scrap great.

Kudos.

almighty mat

What Wood said.

And I've just got the joke! Spot on Si, Mr Rennie, I believe the ball's in your court...

mat

HiEx

Uh...what's the joke? Just received prog 1311, read Scrap about half a dozen times, still don't see it. Please exlain ....somebody, anybody?

HiEx

Tommo

Scojo's surname is Nestel.

Consider the lines "He says his name is Nestel. He's from the surface. His words are uninteresting and drab. Lifeless."

I can't help wondering if the whole of Scrap is a vehicle for that tiny bit...