Main Menu

Something malicious on the 'underware' thread

Started by johnnystress, 29 August, 2010, 09:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnystress

Not sure who to contact so I thought I'd post here- My anti-virus is suggesting that there's something nasty there linking to screen-power.com

w3bz

Ahh was Van Dom's post on scantily clad Asians - Screen-power.com is indeed a flagged site. I've swapped out the image of Van's to the same image hosted elsewhere - should be OK now  ;)

Van Dom

Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

w3bz

No worries, we can't let Malware stand between us and underwear now can we?  ;)

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Mardroid

Rather than post a new thread I figured I'd post this here.  I got a malware warning for the Garth Ennis Planes and Boys thread.

Emperor

Quote from: Mardroid on 06 November, 2010, 03:02:36 AM
Rather than post a new thread I figured I'd post this here.  I got a malware warning for the Garth Ennis Planes and Boys thread.

Any particular page?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Emperor on 06 November, 2010, 03:35:40 AM

Any particular page?

I got it trying to link from 'View unread posts'

Emperor

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 06 November, 2010, 07:07:26 AM
Quote from: Emperor on 06 November, 2010, 03:35:40 AM

Any particular page?

I got it trying to link from 'View unread posts'

And what page did you land on?

The only thing I could see that might be a possible problem is the hotlinked image in Proudhuff's post with comes from Broken Frontier (although their site is above board so...):

http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,23383.msg543745.html#msg543745

Colin YNWA

The url stays as

http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,23383.0.html

But the screen goes largely red and says Malware warning the link goes to sites affected by Malware. It is something from 'Brokenfrontier.com' that is the risk apparently.

Emperor

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 07 November, 2010, 07:35:38 AM
The url stays as

http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,23383.0.html

But the screen goes largely red and says Malware warning the link goes to sites affected by Malware. It is something from 'Brokenfrontier.com' that is the risk apparently.

Thanks for that, I've removed the image from Proudhuff's post.

Again could I remind people not to hotlink to other sites (ones that aren't image hosting sites or your own) as it is considered bad form because you are stealing their bandwidth (and possibly copyrighted work) but it also throws out security warnings like this if there is concern about the site hosting the image.

Colin YNWA

When you say hot link, excuse my ignorance do you mean when you get the URL for an image on another site from the properties option of that image and post it as an image here?

If not can you explain so I make sure I don't do it.

Cheers

Emperor

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 07 November, 2010, 06:52:37 PM
When you say hot link, excuse my ignorance do you mean when you get the URL for an image on another site from the properties option of that image and post it as an image here?

Yes.

See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotlinking#Controversial_uses_of_inline_linking

Dog Deever

Quote from: Emperor on 07 November, 2010, 11:48:15 PM
See:

Me nae ken whit that boring stuff is talking aboot. It's all IT dept. wank- what's the bloody point of the internet if ye need to be an IT banana to work it?

That link to the wiki article you provided- is that a hotlink itself, or not?
If we want to put pics of scantily clad women on the underware thread, does that mean we have to download them, then host them at Imageshack or Photobucket first, then link from there?
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Emperor

Quote from: Dog Deever on 08 November, 2010, 12:01:12 AM
Quote from: Emperor on 07 November, 2010, 11:48:15 PM
See:

Me nae ken whit that boring stuff is talking aboot. It's all IT dept. wank- what's the bloody point of the internet if ye need to be an IT banana to work it?

That link to the wiki article you provided- is that a hotlink itself, or not?

Nope that's a link.

Quote from: Dog Deever on 08 November, 2010, 12:01:12 AMIf we want to put pics of scantily clad women on the underware thread, does that mean we have to download them, then host them at Imageshack or Photobucket first, then link from there?

Ideally yes, unless they are already on those sites.