Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveycandlish

Dad's Army. Best movie I've paid money to see this year. Nice running time and lots of laughs.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

blackmocco

Finally got around to Never Let Me go. Oh man. Bleak, bleak stuff but very much enjoyed it.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Satanist

American Ultra - American DULLtra more like

The Green Inferno - Bobbins!

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Old Tankie

71 Enjoyed it, best parts for me were when the soldiers first got to Northern Ireland, the drive from the docks to the barracks in the back of the three tonners was done very well and really took me back, very realistic.

ThryllSeekyr

Finally got to see the Goose-Bumps film earlier this week after being told on two earlier occasions that it was either too late night for this family film or/& the wrong day.

Loved the original television series, and was satisfied with the film...

Loved the Yeti, Garden Gnomes, Caniverous Plants, Giant Praying-Mantis and the Wolf-man or boy if you recall it was a youngster from Fever Swamp.

When they found him in the supermarket raiding the steak freezer. I was so impressed, I followed suit by purchasing a pair of fillets myself. They were tasty and so different from my usual mac & cheese, lasagne, spaghetti and meat-balls microwave dinners.

Now according to what I read about them, if they still have pants on, they aren't a werewolf, but a were-coyote or a mixture of both. This could also attest to it's average size.

The lack of tail could be a random mutation, battle-scar, it's metis (Born of two werewolf parents) deformity or it could be that's just the way it is.

Anyway, this film is fun for all the family if your expecting a slight monster fest that isn't too dark.

Jack Black entertains as a R.L. Stine with out resembling him much at all! Not that it matters. Of course, it could that he's just a talentless writer spoilerwho found his special type-writer[/spoiler] which may be likely due to fact the young hero of the show ends up using it at one stage.   

Was going to joke about how he could run a brothel of monsters for lonely monsters or people who just like them that much. Yet, that's not going to work if I elaborate anymore on that.

Saw the The Revenant and enjoyed the visual of much earlier North-America or Canada looking that much more bleak and scenic at the same time.

I just really can't buy the idea of him surviving the bear attacked the way he did. Almost like it was holding back or maybe it wasn't really him (Think about that!) and that was body double while Leonardo DiCaprio hide somewhere. I seen the gory results of those unfortunate real life encounters with those oversized critters. In one documentary, I had seen a survivor with most of their face ripped off. Those razor sharp claws and the power behind them would never be that forgiving and then they're is the unfathomable weight of it's body.

Tom Hardy is practically unrecognisable as the hair-suit villain. Both him are DiCaprio are and that Palter (From Maze-Runner and the Dawn-Treader ) guy. Who seems to be wearing a more pronounced brow prosthetic each time I see him.

Not that's uncommon to see people who seem to be on the same side fall in with each other without using the confusion of the attacking  natives until they start to turn one another when they had broken off into smaller groups to get pick off their rivals and this happens in this film as well. I would have it the other way round of a bit of both really.

They're is a Garou reference to one of their tribes if your familiar with that Werewolf the Apocalypse game which may just be as unofficial and just my imagination working over time. Of course, it's not that type of film, it's really just kind of like film showcasing how art full the camera people can be. They're are some scenes that take advantage of the location, and natural lighting this way if your into that sort of thing. 

Isn't a Revenant a type of undead. If my memory of Dungeons & Dragons is correct. I think this was one of undead, one of the higher thinking versions and after finding one of the definition for the word......a person who has returned, especially supposedly from the dead

There you go!

Goaty

ThryllSeekyr

Too late now, since you replied!

richerthanyou

Battlefield Earth

[spoiler]Absolute fucking shite![/spoiler]

I even started listening to the commentary to see what excuses they come up with for this steaming dog turd.

I don't think the director realizes how bad this is. No one should ever have to watch this. Ever.

(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

Wils

Watched both live action Attack on Titan films back-to-back on a flight home from Tokyo. Found them both daft and watchable.

Bolt-01

TordelBack

richerthanyou

Zoolander 2

because deadpool was sold out

[spoiler]utter wank[/spoiler]
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: richerthanyou on 13 February, 2016, 10:10:02 AM
Zoolander 2
because deadpool was sold out

[spoiler]utter wank[/spoiler]

:D We need more concise reporting like this!
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Spikes

Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films.
Well, last film half watched really - just too tired last night to stay the course, though it did look great. So eyes peeled for the repeat.
One stand out piece was the section about The Apple. Never seen or heard anything about this film before, but oh my, that looked to be the most bizarre shit ever...

ThryllSeekyr