Main Menu

Dredd vs the Seventies - launching "Someone Old, Someone New"

Started by Mangamax, 02 July, 2011, 11:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangamax

Here's a heads up for a new Blog of mine.
Got a project underway where i ask artists for their takes on two characters i've chosen for them - one a classic, out of print character from 60's/70's British boys comics meeting a modern, in print one.
Aside from it being in B&W, its totally up to the artists to decide what the characters are doing, whether they're getting along etc.
I've got a couple already, with more in the pipeline, and i'm also using the site to showcase my Black Max comissions and convention sketches where i've asked folks for their takes on some iconic characters.
All of it is inspired by Cliff Robinsons commission he did for me, which was inspired by Dredd winning the "favourite British comic character" poll i did on my "AIEEEE!" Blog, which a lot of you voted in.
So thanks to y'all too.
Linky:

http://someoneoldsomeonenew.blogspot.com/
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Robin Low

Agreed, it's just brilliant! I'll be hoping for a Leopard from Lime Street at some point.

Any plans to use the more cartoony characters in a realistic style? I'd be interested in seeing what someone might do with Sid and his Snake facing off against, oh, I dunno, Zombo.

Regards

Robin

strontium71

...because I hate you.

Colin YNWA

Emp

Michaelvk

You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Mikey

Great stuff Manga! And that's a superb commission, natch.

Quote from: Robin Low on 02 July, 2011, 01:42:18 PM
I'll be hoping for a Leopard from Lime Street at some point.

For truth. Loved that to wee bits.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Mangamax

Ta for the comments folks  :D
I've a real "shopping list" of who meets who drawn by whom and, hopefully, they'll get to fruition.
Whether the Leopard makes the list or not - wait and see  ;)
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

O Lucky Stevie!

Jocelyn Peabody's visible panty line -- that is the indisputably The Business!!!

To think thought that DC have all these characters moldering away in a rusty filing cabinet under some stairway that been's bricked off during renovations whilst there's creators of this calibre who could unleash them back into print, ripe to be appropriated by the New Weird. Gah! It's enough to arouse Stevie's gander to the point of throwing punches.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Something Fishy

Proudhuff

Quote from: Michaelvk on 03 July, 2011, 09:33:07 AM
That's awesome! Stupid robot probably had it coming!

That's what he gets for going all Flower Power/accccccid! styleee  :D
DDT did a job on me