Main Menu

RIP W. R. Logan

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 21 May, 2016, 04:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudley

Tremendously sorry to read this news.  Logan's been an online presence since the birth of 2000AD fandom, and the heart of the fan community all that time.  He'll be missed.

Trout

Can I just point out that this thread is littered with people who left this board years ago, yet have come back to comment on this sad event? That tells us something about Stewart...

...who would, of course, be telling us not to be so fucking sentimental.  ;)

COMMANDO FORCES

An update on the flowers for Stewart. I've just come back from the florist and she will do a flat Dredd helmet, with lightning flashes and a ribbon underneath with Judge Logan on for him and all she will need is 4 days notice to complete. This will cost £120

If anyone would like to make a donation towards these, then my paypal is john.burdis@hotmail.co.uk and if you could mark it up with Judge Logan, or something similar, then that would be cool.

And anything left over will go towards the chosen charity

Steve Green

Quote from: Trout on 23 May, 2016, 03:21:55 PM
Can I just point out that this thread is littered with people who left this board years ago, yet have come back to comment on this sad event? That tells us something about Stewart...

...who would, of course, be telling us not to be so fucking sentimental.  ;)

Heh.

johnfreeman

Very sorry to hear of Stewart's passing. Condolences to all those who knew him. Richmond Clements pays tribute here: http://downthetubes.net/?p=31373

Thanks to PJ Holden and John Burdis & Tony Richards for their help with photographs:

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Trout on 23 May, 2016, 03:21:55 PM
That tells us something about Stewart...

That he faked his own death to flush out the quitters and exact a terrible revenge on them?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Bolt-01

Just seen the news, both about Logan and Stephen and I'm absolutely gutted. I'm not in a position to write much now but can't believe I'll not see him again.

uncle fester

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 23 May, 2016, 04:11:28 PM
Just seen the news, both about Logan and Stephen and I'm absolutely gutted.

What Dave said. Met Stewart a couple of times, at a Con or two and the first Southern Contingent meet ups. He was a great guy to have a beer with and talk all things 2000ad - and anything else that wandered into the conversation. Also, he would have time for you even if that was the first time you'd met. That goes a long way with me.

Stephen I didn't meet, but the one memory I do have of him is opening endless indie comics and seeing his name in the credits over and over again "That guy is on art in here too? Does he sleep?"

Anyway. Just doesn't seem right that decent people don't get to last.

pauljholden

Did a blog post http://www.pauljholden.com/blog/2016/05/22/rip-stewart-perkins/, (did it yesterday, but added a few more photos I had). Also, this - it's tough being home useless knowing your friend has died and knowing not a damn thing about it, nor even how to find out more, so I poured the time into a Senior Judge-Tutor Logan piece, I hope Stu would have liked it.

John: I can get you the hires b&w version of this if you email me pjholden at gmail dot com

-pj

Buttonman

Nice set of tributes there gents.

Here's list of Stewart's Letters Page entries - nice long footprint and evidence of itchy feet!

STEWART   PERKINS           BIDFORD ON AVON   251              1982
S           CROFT-PERKINS   BFPO                           792              1992
STEWART   CROFTS-PERKINS   NORFOLK                   M77/V2.57      1994
STEWART   CROFTS-PERKINS   E-MAIL                   M149/V3.46      1998
STEWART   CROFTS-PERKINS   SCOLE                   1104              1998

COMMANDO FORCES

UPDATE:-

Just this moment finished speaking to Deborah and the latest news is that the post mortem is on Tuesday and until that has happened, everything is up in the air. Cause of Death is unknown at this moment.

The funeral will not take place any earlier than the week commencing the 6th of June.

That is all that is known at the moment.

EDIT:- Obviously this is all up in the air until he arrives back.

pauljholden

Thanks John. I'm sure this is much worse for Deborah and Stu's immediate family, but not knowing is just awful. I'm not sure knowing will make it better, but .. ugh. words.

-pj

Hawkmumbler

Thats a lovely tribute, PJHolden. I'll chuck as donation into your PP, Burdis. It's about the sum of what I feel I can do, but at least it's something.

Molch-R

Which is the chosen charity, John?

COMMANDO FORCES

The charities are being finalised at the moment and we're waiting on family, so I hope you understand that I'm not at liberty to say before they release the names.
I can promise that it won't be long and as soon as I know, the forum will know first.