Main Menu

'Fear the walking dead' - Whats the verdict so far?

Started by Michael Knight, 07 March, 2017, 05:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 29 May, 2021, 11:13:04 AM
I'm continuing through Season 5 of Fear The Walking Dead and like the parent show, it continues to delight and frustrate in equal measure.

Delighting you have Lennie James who can grab you by the heartstrings with just an "Ummm" and a glance to the side as in 210 Words Per Minute (Episode 10 I think where he and Grace are in a shopping mall).

Frustrating are the pathetic shark villain of Logan/Matt Frewer (a non-Lethal version of The Governor/Negan), ott cheese (John Dorie's trick shot*) and storylines you know will only last three episodes otherwise they've painted themselves into a corner (e.g Alicia's conscientious objection).

But overall, I'm still on board as the diverse cast resembles that of Superstore more and more. We just need a fussy Mateo in there now.

* if the "splitting the bullet" trick shot had actually been that; a trick (maybe two shots fired very quickly in succession) then I'd have bought it more. And hey, that might have even added a more believable theme about things not being what they seem in Humbug Gulch. I suppose John Dorrie character relies on a charming performance from Garret Dillahunt and you just rolling with the unbelievableness of his character. Which mostly, I do.

This^^^
DDT did a job on me