Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f4lke

Zero Dark Thirty. Good Movie but has it's lengths and is boring at some parts. I can recommend it, but it's not worthy the 95 on Metacritic.

mygrimmbrother

Haven't watched a truly great film for a while now. I'm sure they're still out there waiting to be discovered and a few are even being made right now, but I can't find them. And to be honest, I can't be arsed to try at the moment.

Tiplodocus

What was I thinking?

THE INVENTION OF LYING. More like THE INVENTION OF SHITEING.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Frank

Quote from: JamesC on 11 March, 2013, 10:30:30 AM
My last film was Chronicle. Really good fun and I can't wait to see what the director does with the Fantastic Four.

I hadn't heard that. I really enjoyed Chronicle, especially the naturalistic and original manner in which the characters abilities were handled, but I'm not sure anything could make me pay to see a Fantastic Four film. The sodding Snowman put me off Raymond Briggs animations, Pro Bear, but your description of When The Wind Blows sounds like reason enough to add it to my watchlist. Cheers.

TordelBack

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 11 March, 2013, 03:17:37 PM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 11 March, 2013, 02:48:01 PM
No sign of the car as far as I can see, but Bruce Campbell makes a appearance as one of the Winkie guards
Screw it, im seeing it!

Hmmm, that does rather sway me too.  A Campbell cameo can lift most anything. 

Despicable Me.  Well, that's that then.  I'm afraid I have to attend the Euthanasia Booth this evening - I just watched something with Russell Brand and found him really, really funny in it. There's no point going on with that kind of shame hanging over me. 

HdE

Quote from: TordelBack on 11 March, 2013, 07:48:39 PM
There's no point going on with that kind of shame hanging over me.

That's what Roger's mom said.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Tiplodocus

Quote from: sauchie on 11 March, 2013, 07:39:33 PM
Quote from: JamesC on 11 March, 2013, 10:30:30 AM
My last film was Chronicle. Really good fun and I can't wait to see what the director does with the Fantastic Four.

but I'm not sure anything could make me pay to see a Fantastic Four film.

What? Not even if it was called THE INCREDIBLES?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

f4lke

Watchmen. Always awesome.

Hawkmumbler

The Howling: Reborn (2011)- Certainly the only 'good' sequel to Joe Dante's essential Lycanthrope classic...though it lacks the fun of the other sequels. Although this little title clearly has better production values (and prosphetic Werewolfs and transformation sequences) it all come's off a bit post-Near Dark. It's a good way to pass an hour and a half but if you want a genuinly good Werewolf movie that ISN'T An American... then go for the original, IMHO the second best Lycanthrope film of all time...and then watch the hilarious sequel with Chris Lee and his Holy Hand Grenade!

willthemightyW

Fargo (oh yah, eh), Darkman and The Big Lebowski.

Fargo- I love
Darkman- I enjoy, 'tis a fun pulpy film, with some wonderfully hammy performances
The Big Lebowski- I rate as one of my favourite films. Can't put my finger on the main reason why, but there are, of course, many reasons.

On a side note, John Turturro dancing (in Barton Fink, Big Lebowski, and in the background in O brother, where art thou?) may just be the best thing ever.
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: willthemightyW on 12 March, 2013, 09:46:15 PM
Fargo (oh yah, eh), Darkman and The Big Lebowski.

Fargo- I love
Darkman- I enjoy, 'tis a fun pulpy film, with some wonderfully hammy performances
The Big Lebowski- I rate as one of my favourite films. Can't put my finger on the main reason why, but there are, of course, many reasons.

On a side note, John Turturro dancing (in Barton Fink, Big Lebowski, and in the background in O brother, where art thou?) may just be the best thing ever.
Yay on all accounts is certainly this. TBL is a classic.

Charlie boy

Oz. A really enjoyable film; I laughed a lot more than I was expecting and I'm now thinking about asking to borrow one of my nephews or nieces so I can take them to see it. I was glad the friend I dragged to see it (she didn't have high hopes for this- the trailer had her thinking it would be like Burton's Alice in Wonderland) was laughing alongside me and had to admit she had misjudged it.

Mabs

Quote from: sauchie on 09 March, 2013, 03:18:54 PM

I've just discovered that Lovefilm has Che on their instant service, Mabs, so I'm going to have a bash at that after I've watched the Dredd-thrashing Lawless later tonight. Oddly, Lovefilm are also listing Soderberg's Side Effects for rental too, and that's only just out at the pictures.

Its a great double bill, each film different stylistically to one another. It reminded me of Clint Eastwood's Flags and Letters double bill. You know, for a guy who's Right-wing politically, his films are very Left-wing. Unlike a lot of other Right-wing filmmakers such as John Millius.

Let us know what you think of Che, sauchie.
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

radiator

Dredd, which i watched over the weekend. I've bought it twice over already on Blu Ray, so thought its about time I watched it!

Needless to say, it looks (and sounds) the business on a decent home cinema. I rarely pay much attention to the audio side of things, so it says something that made a note of how much the cracking sound mix adds to the film.

I think enough time has passed now that I have enough distance from the film to just enjoy it as a rollicking fun action movie. It really is a gem, marred only very slightly by the fact that it feels like a great first course, and I want the main and dessert!

Mabs

I want the main and dessert and the midnight snack!  :lol:
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie