Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

Congrats Thryllseeker that's the most overtly sexist review of Thelma and Louise I've EVER seen. Do you get... a prize?

Hawkmumbler

I barely acknowledged it as a review. Thought he was taking the piss or simething. :|

Goaty

What I just clicking into?

JamesC

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 19 June, 2014, 08:33:39 AM
Congrats Thryllseeker that's the greatest and most hilarious review of Thelma and Louise I've EVER seen. Do you get... a prize?

FTFY

Recrewt

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 19 June, 2014, 08:46:29 AM
I barely acknowledged it as a review. Thought he was taking the piss or simething. :|

Pretty much what I was thinking.

ThryllSeekyr

Congrats Thryllseeker that's the most overtly sexist review of Thelma and Louise I've EVER seen. Do you get... a prize?

Geez, I thought I was giving my in depth analysis of that film, while being infatuated with young and not so young Susan Sarandon.

Yes, I did go a little overboard about there, didn't I. Though that film doesn't bother me. Because I am a guy is supposed to think he's a loser after watching it.

Yet, maybe I'm not being sexist or I am and I'm just being like every other typical male who watches that movie.

Didn't anybody like comparison between that film and the sci-fi one?

I will discuss that film more and in a less sexist manner (But no so un sexist that as to defy belief.) some other time.

Tiplodocus

Some people (myself included) used to think it was OK to review films and always ensure they contained comments about who, from the cast, they would like "to do!". 

But we don't do that anymore.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Theblazeuk

The Mark Kermode of these boards, I feel. Focusing on what really matters in movies!

And I've always found the "who would they do" game a bit of a non-starter. Unsurprisingly most of us would do the photogenic actresses (and actors) if given the choice. It's like my friend who always asked if they were fit girls in comics, of course there is, they are drawings. Baffles me that I came of age in the internet age and this was still even a consideration.

Tiplodocus

MEN IN BLACK 3
Curiously unengaging despite the usual charismatic turn from the Fresh Prince and a brilliant "Tommy Lee Jones" by Josh Brolin. 

Seems as if it was butchered as well with all sorts of little (and big) plot starands seeming to go nowehere.

All the best gags spoiled by me remembering from the trailer which I saw years ago. 

I'd love to see more CG recreations of the Apollo launches though (there's a great space shuttle launch in IMAX as part of Hubble 3D that has to be seen to be believed!). I would totally do a Saturn 5 if given the chance.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Link Prime

Quote from: GrinningChimera on 03 June, 2014, 05:52:47 PM
Savages
Save your money with this one. There are so many better films out there.

I agree 100% GC.

Picked it up dirt cheap on DVD, and watched it the other night.
Sweet bejezus, what a mess.
Too long by at least an hour, loathesome unsympatheitc protagonists, pacing all over the place and the 'rewind' ending was just plain fuck-n ridiculous.

I normally like Stone's films, but as you may have guessed- hated this.

I, Cosh

Yeah, yeah, but would you rather do Tommy Lee or Big Willie?
We never really die.

TordelBack

He did get me thinking about the long-term loveliness of Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis though, which is always a pleasant distraction from this vale of tears.

And c'mon Cosh, is that really a question?  There's Big Willie and then there's big willy.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 19 June, 2014, 12:09:26 PM
Some people (myself included) used to think it was OK to review films and always ensure they contained comments about who, from the cast, they would like "to do!". 

But we don't do that anymore.

Sorry, but I've been feeling different lately and more alive than I have in years. Despite my age.

I don't really want to do either of those women, but I was distracted and perhaps wouldn't mind a hug.

BTW, I'm not after a prize. Not for what I have ben writing up here.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: TordelBack on 19 June, 2014, 12:32:10 PM

He did get me thinking about the long-term loveliness of Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis though, which is always a pleasant distraction from this vale of tears.

And c'mon Cosh, is that really a question?  There's Big Willie and then there's big willy.

Both those women?

I would sooner consider Kirsten Stewart and Emma Watson.

Apologies for going way off topic and I will continue original post later....

TordelBack

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 19 June, 2014, 02:00:35 PM
Sorry, but I've been feeling different lately and more alive than I have in years. Despite my age.

It's Slough Feg all over again!   :o