Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NapalmKev

I registered online and although I got an account working (initially) I did not receive a confirmation email. The issue is further compounded by the fact I was Drunk and I cannot remember my password (Twat).

I've emailed Hachette but as yet have had no reply. Has anyone else had a similar issue? (Apart from the Drunkenness)

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: NapalmKev on 20 February, 2015, 08:03:15 AM
my password (Twat).

You need more letters and numbers in that password — you'll be hacked in no time.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

NapalmKev

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 20 February, 2015, 08:08:12 AM
Quote from: NapalmKev on 20 February, 2015, 08:03:15 AM
my password (Twat).

You need more letters and numbers in that password — you'll be hacked in no time.

Cheers

Jim

I probably should've used "Twat" as a password (or some variation thereof). In the words of the mighty 'Yoda' - Alcohol and Internet do not a good mix, make.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Anzati

I find that the account is quite often unavailable, but if I try again later then it'll be fine. But I also have a problem with the transaction description field not being long enough to actually show me what issues have been dispatched. More of a concern is that when I queried this with support I was asked for my account login details. Naturally I declined to give them my password and this was the reply that I got:

Hi Luke,

Please note that in order for us to offer you the correct assistance pertaining to your query, your password is required as that will enable us to identify the error.

Kind regards,

Bongi

I'm fairly certain that a two minute database query would give them all the information the would need on a field length issue...

Grey M@a

With a house that is at bursting point and no more space for books, the plan as to go digital only this year if possible and I promised myself I wouldn't start yet another collection.

I am weak  ::) I picked up isue 3 last night from WHSmiths, got it with me for lunch time reading.

No idea where I am going to put all these books though..... I think I can see myself keeping up with these, might subscribe eventually.

robert_ellis

Really pleased that Hachette sent a new copy of Apocalypse War after it arrived dented. If all it takes to replace a book is a phone call I'm in for all 80 books.

J.Smith

Quote from: BPP on 19 February, 2015, 07:20:08 PM
FP have voll 5 & 6 for preorder at 8.99.

No idea on the P&P.

Lovely cover to Mandroid.

And more volumes (up to no. 20) besides at the same price, albeit without their covers or series names. I checked what their P&P cost is for those two volumes and it's £4.00, which makes it only £2 dearer than subscribing to the series where you pay £10 per volume and have them delivered to you for free. Not a bad alternative then if you need one, especially as every order I've made through FP has always arrived in perfect condition.

And yeah, that Mandroid cover is brilliant. Thought they might go with that one cover of Nate with Dredd looming over him in the background (I believe used on the same Prog that the story started...?) but Kev Walker's pissed off Dredd with his teeth gritted together looks better in the black and white actually. Gonna be fun to see what they do for covers for the rest of the series going forward. That Mandroid cover, for example, is from a panel late in the first story, and America's is taken from a splash page in the first episode of Tour of Duty.

IndigoPrime

How are people doing with February 14 dispatches of 2 & 3? (Nothing here yet. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.)

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

COMMANDO FORCES

I sent a lovely box containing the first three off to the Netherlands this week. Helping our European friends get their thrill-power!

The Legendary Shark

Good man! Careful, though - you might get a KTT like Emperor and then disappear... ;-)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 20 February, 2015, 02:22:52 PM
How are people doing with February 14 dispatches of 2 & 3? (Nothing here yet. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.)

My package of the 14th arrived this morning. A replacement badge and mug.

Mike Carroll

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 20 February, 2015, 02:22:52 PM

Still no sign of 2 & 3 here... Though I did get the travel mug thingy on February 9th.

--  Mike

IndigoPrime

The second set arrived here today. Two books and a badge in one card pack, and the mug and another badge (for some reason) in the other. Both badges are damaged (bent/smashed-up pins), and both books have noticeable crushing in the corners, due to being sent in a card sleeve that doesn't appear up for the job. I don't really give a crap about the badges, but if this is how the books are all going to be sent, I'm going to be mulling over whether to continue.

robert_ellis

Sold my badge on eBay for £15 - and hachette quickly replaced the damaged book. A good deal I think!