Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sintec

Quote from: Arkady on 13 October, 2020, 01:32:56 PM
How long until we see the full new spine art I wonder...

I'm honestly surprised it's not been posted in the FB group already. I mean we know what books to expect so it doesn't feel like there can be any spoilers.  I guess it my be getting a redesign to accomodate the extension extension

Dark Jimbo

About 60 books time...!
@jamesfeistdraws

Swerty

Quote from: The Monarch on 12 October, 2020, 11:32:41 AM
per the newest issue of 2000ad this week flesh is no 86 and the spine features part of jack dancer and erebus from red seas and one of the worms from the order

Any chance of a photo

Neil C

levers

Quote from: levers on 09 October, 2020, 08:01:35 PM
Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 08 October, 2020, 04:55:21 PM
Anyone here who's pre-ordered Caballistics book 2 (vol 80) from Forbidden Planet? Not recieved so much as a dispatch email yet and wondering when to start chasing.

I'm waiting on issue 78 which I was charged for over a week ago. Emailed them this evening. Wondering if it's actually out of stock or they've got a backlog of orders to get through.

Still no sign of a dispatch from Forbidden Planet and no response to my emails. They're also not taking calls since the onset of Covid. I've not had an issue with them before, so this is a surprise.

abelardsnazz

My copy of Flesh from the Thrill-merchant has arrived with the reprinted Savage volume attached. Contents are:

Book I
Book II
Hand of Glory
Texas

sintec

Dino Files minus the couple of annual stories... nice.

Just spotted that Cragdlegrave had dropped into the sale on the 2000ad webshop. No idea if it'll be in the extension extension but think I'm going to run the risk of double dipping on it at that price.  From everything I've heard it's a classic and right up my street as I love a good horror tale.

Dr Feeley Good

I've ordered my copy of Flesh from Forbidden Planet and it's still saying it is due 22nd November!!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: levers on 14 October, 2020, 09:24:24 AM
Anyone here who's pre-ordered Caballistics book 2 (vol 80) from Forbidden Planet? Not recieved so much as a dispatch email yet and wondering when to start chasing.

I'm waiting on issue 78 which I was charged for over a week ago. Emailed them this evening. Wondering if it's actually out of stock or they've got a backlog of orders to get through.

Still no sign of a dispatch from Forbidden Planet and no response to my emails. They're also not taking calls since the onset of Covid. I've not had an issue with them before, so this is a surprise.

I got my dispatch email on Saturday - still no sign of the book, though.
@jamesfeistdraws

abelardsnazz

Colin YNWA

Very excited to have Red Seas on the way.

Tomwe

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 15 October, 2020, 12:20:35 PM
Next two covers are up: Red Seas volume 1 and Lobster Random: https://hachettepartworks.com/en-en/2000-ad-ultimate-collection/
also nice to see Hachette's quality level continues - the tab headers for those have come up as Greysuit and Defoe Volume One.

EDIT: the other two post-80 book pages have Savage headers as well.

EDIT: the page count on that first Red Seas book is as big as that Life & Death of Johnny Alpha Stront book

levers

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 14 October, 2020, 01:49:30 PM
Quote from: levers on 14 October, 2020, 09:24:24 AM

I got my dispatch email on Saturday - still no sign of the book, though.

Dispatch finally came through today, so looking like I'll have it this time next week!

sintec

Quote from: Tomwe on 15 October, 2020, 12:46:12 PM
EDIT: the page count on that first Red Seas book is as big as that Life & Death of Johnny Alpha Stront book

I'm a little sceptical on those page counts. The Flesh book is listed as 224 pages but according to Barney the 4 stories in there have:

Book I - 87 pages
Book II - 78 pages
Hand of Glory - 10 pages
Texas - 61 pages

Which totals 236 pages of strip and there's got to be at least a handful of pages over that to cover the intro and divider pages between stories.

Arkady

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 13 October, 2020, 04:50:26 PM

About 60 books time...!

Well maybe, but at the launch of the collection they released the entire cover art, even did posters of it. I think I almost hope they don't do that this time though, it will be a nice surprise and fun to watch it build up.