Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

Got some Flintprints in the mail :D :D :D He's a GENNNIUS

TordelBack

Oooh, thass nice!

My own life approximates drokkin' fantastic this early morning, as I will recount in the following peaan to friendship.  The cynical amongst you, look away now.

Two of my dearest mates just took me out on the town and set about getting my uproariously drunk, my first non-fundraising visit to a pub this year.  Happily my year-long nightly consumption of €1's worth of homemade plonk (approx. 1 litre) has hardened my arteries to the business of alcohol, and I was able to enjoy both the sociability of the evening and all the awful kebabs, half-glimpsed skimpy skirts and 2am nite-link bus lurchings that were a natural consequence. 

My brace of pals were two of my most beloved long-term friends, one of whom I had vied with aged 15 for the attentions of my mercifully unaware distant-future wife, (I saw her first), and one of whom* I had snuggled naked with through a long (hard) night before mutually realising the likely error of progression beyond that point - suffice to say, I diminished, and went into the West, and remained Galadriel.  Or to put it another way, they both know what a boring prick I am.  But they bought me beer and reminisced and tried and failed to turn me from my current path.

Friends, let it be said, are drokking fantastic.  As is lots of beer.

*female,

The Legendary Shark

My friends only get me drunk so they can go through my pockets.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 19 May, 2012, 03:26:08 AM
My friends only get me drunk so they can go through my pockets.

I suspect that would be a fairly pointless exercise in both our cases.  I think mine did it because they know I'm even more droningly naive when sober.

locustsofdeath!

This is the right place, ha ha!

...my wife Adrene and I are very focused on reconciling our marriage. We've been doing really well, to the point that we might (fingers crossed, knock on wood) actually make it.

Dandontdare

Hey, that's great news mate, hope it all works out  :thumbsup:

TordelBack

Delighted to hear it and top marks to you both, can not have been easy to get there.

COMMANDO FORCES

Superb news locusts, I hope it all goes well  :thumbsup:

SmallBlueThing

Excellent news, locusts! All best wishes to both of you.

SBT

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 23 May, 2012, 07:26:15 PM
This is the right place, ha ha!

...my wife Adrene and I are very focused on reconciling our marriage. We've been doing really well, to the point that we might (fingers crossed, knock on wood) actually make it.

Good news, mate.  Hope everything works out
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

shaolin_monkey

...because I got my Dredd mug in the post today and I am sat here drinking a HUMUNGOUS hot chocolate!!!

Rog69

I got my judge Death mug yesterday and it's a thing of beauty, I've been looking for ages for a suitable mug that can hold a man size drink while I read my prog an a Saturday morning.

COMMANDO FORCES

Over the last few weeks at work chaos has reigned. We've had a bod from head office come down to try and sort the place out, meaning save money! Every driver has been in to talk about what shift pattern and start time they would like. This is after the union had been in talks for ages trying to make better shift patterns.

As the night drivers started work the other evening we were given our new shifts and start times and all Hell broke loose! It seemed as if everything that had been said in discussions with all the drivers had been ignored. To say I was pissed off would be an understatement. My new start times meant that I wouldn't get enough sleep during the day before Sam came home. Once he's home it's nigh on impossible for me to get any extra sleep.

I joined the queue of angry drivers and fought my corner and awaited the outcome. During this time it was noted that the two night reps for the union seemed to have been allocated the best possible shifts. Every weekend off with a decent start time. How strange and they both seemed to be off when all this was happening.

By the end of the shift there was a notice up calling for the union reps to be binned and also a vote of no confidence in the union. I had to laugh as I knew what this union was like when I joined the company and that is why I didn't join it.

Anyway, this evening I had a phone call from HR at work. I've been given a new shift and it's the start time I'm on at the moment but with all weekends off. This proves that if you work hard and go the extra mile to help out that you don't need to be a union member.

This now means that I don't have to use any holidays ever again to go to any conventions  :thumbsup:

vzzbux

My tickets are booked for War of the Worlds in December. :thumbsup:
Thats the wife's birthday present I don't have to worry about.  :thumbsup:

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Something Fishy