Main Menu

Rogue Trooper News…!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 29 January, 2024, 02:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

judgeurko

Quote from: nxylas on 29 January, 2024, 09:46:56 PM
Quote from: Trooper McFad on 29 January, 2024, 09:24:47 PMI preferred a lot of Batman animated to the Batman live action ((Batman & Robin 😡) and really liked Batman Beyond (or "of the future" in the UK)
I didn't mean lesser in quality, I loved Mask of the Phantasm as much as anybody, but the audience was more niche, and none of these movies were box office smashes like Across the Spider-verse. Most of them never even got a theatrical release.
I doubt that Rogue Trooper will.

Funt Solo

Quote from: nxylas on 29 January, 2024, 08:52:34 PMI don't think the Spider-verse movies are seen as lesser than the live action Spidey films

Indeed - for a segment of the generation coming up, the animated Spider-verse movies are the superior beast.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dash Decent

Exciting news!  I'll be looking out for the five minute Dash Decent serial before the main flick.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

JayzusB.Christ

Thanks for redirecting me here, Richard! I'll just repeat what I said in my original, locked thread - Dave Gibbons now has two blank-eyed, blue-skinned, bare-chested baldies on the big screen. How many have you?

Seriously, though, really looking forward to this. I think the choice of calling him 19 is a good one - Rogue only makes sense as a nickname picked up after going rogue, as in the IDW comics.

Also looking forward to Rogue 2: Mercy Heights!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: judgeurko on 29 January, 2024, 09:37:00 PMHe's not a biochip, well not one of the main ones. Jack Lowden is GUNNAR. Daryl McCormack is HELM. Reece Shearsmith is Bagman.

Yes, I know that. In much the same way that I'm fairly certain that Colin doesn't think that Diane Morgan will be reprising her role as Philomena Cunk in this movie, I thought it might be mildly amusing to imagine Matt Berry delivering one of the roles in full Lazlo-from-What-We-Do-In-The-Shadows mode*.

Maybe he could be the Traitor General: "The most devious bastard on Nuuuuuuuuuuuu-Earth..."

*AKA: just Matt Berry, basically.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

skurvy

Quote from: judgeurko on 29 January, 2024, 09:59:31 PM
Quote from: nxylas on 29 January, 2024, 09:46:56 PM
Quote from: Trooper McFad on 29 January, 2024, 09:24:47 PMI preferred a lot of Batman animated to the Batman live action ((Batman & Robin 😡) and really liked Batman Beyond (or "of the future" in the UK)
I didn't mean lesser in quality, I loved Mask of the Phantasm as much as anybody, but the audience was more niche, and none of these movies were box office smashes like Across the Spider-verse. Most of them never even got a theatrical release.
I doubt that Rogue Trooper will.

Rebellion's official Twitter post does say 'the big screen' so fingers crossed.

https://x.com/Rebellion/status/1751969699406000465?s=20

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 30 January, 2024, 07:05:03 AM...I'm fairly certain that Colin doesn't think that Diane Morgan will be reprising her role as Philomena Cunk in this movie...

Errr well, no I REALLY want that to happen... I mean really...

...both of them in fact. I'm looking forward to this movie more and more.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 30 January, 2024, 07:05:03 AMMaybe he could be the Traitor General: "The most devious bastard on Nuuuuuuuuuuuu-Earth..."

:lol:
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

norton canes

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 30 January, 2024, 07:05:03 AMI thought it might be mildly amusing to imagine Matt Berry delivering one of the roles in full Lazlo-from-What-We-Do-In-The-Shadows mode

Why not go the whole hog and have Kayvan Novak and Natasia Demetriou as the other chips?

With Mark Proksch as the Traitor General

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: norton canes on 30 January, 2024, 10:25:59 AMWhy not go the whole hog and have Kayvan Novak and Natasia Demetriou as the other chips?

"HELM IS A BIG BLOODY STUPID HAT WITH A BIG BLOODY STUPID CURSE ON HIM, AND EVERY TIME YOU WEAR HIM SOMETHING BLOODY STUPID TERRIBLE HAPPENS!"

QuoteWith Mark Proksch as the Traitor General

Genius. Has anyone got Duncan Jones' email address...?

nxylas

AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Hawkmumbler

The idea of rigging the animation in a gamming engine is either going to be a spectacular feat of directorial risk taking or it'll fall painfully on its face.
Did anyone actually watch Ready Player One? If you haven't, don't, if you have, you already know what I'm thinking.

Richard

I don't; I saw Ready Player One and thought it was great. If Rogue looks like that I'll be happy.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 30 January, 2024, 01:19:45 PMThe idea of rigging the animation in a gamming engine is either going to be a spectacular feat of directorial risk taking or it'll fall painfully on its face.

Over on one of the Facebook discussions about the movie news, Steve Green linked to this demo of the MetaHuman character animation system they're using (per the original Variety article). I have to say — to my untrained eye, the uncanny valley seems to be dwindling to the point where it's barely even an uncanny culvert these days.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.