Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

I've worn a groove in my keyboard typing this, but Innocence and Experience was as good a Smith story as there has ever been (and that's saying something) and it's a real shame he hasn't gone back to finish it. Still, as Indigo Prime (the strip not the boarder) shows, it ain't over 'til Almaranda sings.

Jade Falcon

To be honest I wasn't overly keen on this book.  I don't know, I want to like the Waugh books but it just fails to catch my interest.  Perhaps it might depend on the mood I'm in when reading it.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

abelardsnazz

I loved Chasing Herod. No-one else writes like John Smith, every character and reference is another story in itself. Great art too from Messrs Yeowell and Doherty.

Does Mr Smith's recent return to the Prog mean we expect more Devlin's soon? We can but hope.

And the ultimate trivial question, is this the first issue not to feature Dredd at all?

Jade Falcon

I felt the last story in the book, while decent, seemed to drag in places.  As I say, maybe if I reread it I might feel different.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Mattofthespurs

Now that's what you call a Saturday delivery!
Prog 1960 plus Trifecta and Judgement Day from the Mega Collection.
Sadly they will have to wait until tomorrow as I'm due to leave for West Bromich Albion away in about an hour.
Still, plenty to read on Sunday  :D

Apestrife

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 05 December, 2015, 09:08:53 AM
Now that's what you call a Saturday delivery!
Prog 1960 plus Trifecta and Judgement Day from the Mega Collection.
Sadly they will have to wait until tomorrow as I'm due to leave for West Bromich Albion away in about an hour.
Still, plenty to read on Sunday  :D

Lucky you :)

Btw, any extra stories in the Trifecta collection?

Mattofthespurs

Haven't a clue, I'm afraid. The last time I saw it it was sitting on my bookshelf unopened.

moly

Just had a quick look through trifecta doesn't look like any additional stories

IndigoPrime

Trifecta: [spoiler]The Family Man; Bullet to King Four; Jokers to the Right/Saudade/The Cold Deck; Trifecta; covers; three-page interview[/spoiler]

Judgement Day: [spoiler]Top Dogs; Judgement Day; The Kinda Dead Man; covers; Garth Ennis interview[/spoiler]

TordelBack

Dagnabbit, I was going to skip Trifecta... But I've never read The Family Man (a Meg strip, I presume?), and I do love Al's Dredd. So this means I really have to go back and get the Simping Detective volume too. Curses!  Ah well, at least I can pass on the fully Casefiled Judgement Day. This collection is proving more and more attractive every time.

Hawkmumbler

Yeah, Family Man was a meg story and was Bachmans first appearance. It's a cracking tale.

Apestrife

Thanks!

Was hoping for the [spoiler]sensitive klegg story that came after Trifecta[/spoiler], still nice having [spoiler]Family man[/spoiler] :)

Tjm86

Second print with this.  They've done a better job of the mounting compared to the first.  Nice Mcneil pic.

Pleasant surprise as the wife had clearly picked it up, put it on the side and then failed to mention that it was there (possibly thinking it was one of the kids' Crimbo pressies).

Ghost MacRoth

Really enjoyed reading Judgement day again, forgot how good it was. 
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

IndigoPrime

The interview's an odd one. First, you finish the book and have the author stating it was terrible. Secondly, it really feels like Ennis hasn't noticed 2000 AD's resurgence under Matt Smith in the slightest.