Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

dweezil2

Quote from: Dandontdare on 11 June, 2016, 12:12:24 AM
Quote from: Trent on 10 June, 2016, 09:59:24 PM
41 The Day the Law Died (inc Helter Skelter)

That's like serving a sirloin steak with a side order of bogies

Nice art though!  :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Richard

TordelBack

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Richard on 11 June, 2016, 05:22:27 PM
Helter Skelter was good!
Fan wanky and pretty redundant, with a heavy handed religious overtone, but two phenomenal artists save it and make it a guilty pleasure of mine.

Big_Dave

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 11 June, 2016, 07:51:03 PM
Quote from: Richard on 11 June, 2016, 05:22:27 PM
Helter Skelter was good!
Fan wanky and pretty redundant, with a heavy handed religious overtone, but two phenomenal artists save it and make it a guilty pleasure of mine.

wasnt a story
it was an excuse

abelardsnazz

Tjm86

abelardsnazz

How very dare you. Mrs Snazz is never disappointed. Unless it takes me longer than usual to finish a volume of the MC, speaking of which.....

Just finished Doomsday for MC-1. It must have been difficult to juggle the story across the two titles, keeping them discrete yet linked.

Dredd's relationship with DeMarco is fascinating, probably because it's different to his relationship with anyone else, and it's interesting to compare it with, say, him and Vienna, which he always seems to struggle with.

A great line-up of artists and stories. One question - did Narcos appear in any stories before Bad Frendz?

Judge Brian

I bought my first volume through ebay, seeing how they're not for sale here in the U.S. I was really impressed with everything about it. I have since bought 20 more of them from ebay, they should be arriving soon.

I am addicted to the format. I'll have to start selling off the dozens of trades I already have because 17 of the 20 are similar volumes that I already own.

Trent

I tried the same approach Brian but have struggled to part with any trades that even have a single tale that is not included in the Collection volume. Luckily the size of most volumes is greater than most pre-existing trades so it is rarely an issue as they generally have even more content.
Love this series, look forward to the next two due in the next week and still hope for an extension as much because I just don't want it to end as much as for the content itself!

djbawbag

Can someone suggest the best Doomsday reading order?

Some of us haven't read this stuff before, and the scheduling is a bit mental.
The first volume came out nine months (!) ago and had obvious gaps in the storyline.
The second volume starts with a prologue to the main story!
Daft.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Tjm86 on 12 June, 2016, 09:38:29 AM
... disappointed girlfriend?

Ye olde "Their honeymoon was fast and furious.  He was fast and she was furious."
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

moldovangerbil

I was expecting that the next 2 volumes should come with the 3rd premium poster, but looking at my hachette account it looks like I'll be getting something called 'OutOfStock Letter'.  Sounds exciting!

Tjm86

I'm wondering if they've screwed up on this and haven't got the demand they were hoping for.  Considering they were trying to shift the last one free with just postage.  No preview of the poster either.  Bolland is supposedly the next one.  I reckon that letter is about downgrading subscription.