Main Menu

Zenith featured over at CBR

Started by Colin YNWA, 10 January, 2009, 01:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Hi,

Just to let people know over at 'Comics Should Be Good' a blog over at CBR their running a year long feature called 'A Year of Cool Comic Moments'. Now this will understandably be American centric BUT only 9 days into the feature 2000ad gets its first shout (lets hope there's more to come!). Well worth a read (as is the rest of the Blog)

//http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2009/01/09/a-year-of-cool-comic-book-moments-day-9/

Dandontdare

Cheers for that link - This must surely be due for a reprint soon. I've checked eBay and cannot find a copy, and vol:1 is on Amazon for either £39.50 or £250.00!! Ouch!

Colin YNWA

Is it not being reprinted due to some legal wrangling? Doesn't Grant Morrison think he has a case for ownership or some such? Otherwise it would surely have been reprinted by now?

Dandontdare

Yeah, I thought it may be something like that - Rebellion has been pretty good (and successful) in repackaging old thrills as GNs, so they'd have surely put this out by now if they could - they managed to find room for 'Wardog' and 'Raindogs' for grud's sake!

Grant Goggans

Dandontdare

Thanks Grant for the background info on the legal wrangling - I find it amazing that neither side wants to get this settled one way or another, or will even go on the record about what's happening. Somebody needs to bang some heads together!

Bouwel

Ah so that's why i can't buy any new Zenith stuff.
I had no idea the books were worth so much though! I'll have to move them from where they're propping up the throne ;)

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

johnnystress

I was watching some movie the other day that fetaured an old radio

I thought the logo was very familiar..

Bouwel

-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Banners

Oi, newyewar - stop it. Automated spam is bad enough...

M@

Matt Timson

I really like Grant Morrison and his work- but his Zenith stance really irritates me.
Pffft...

Bouwel

Funnily enough I really like Zenith (odd for me to like something I know). It's one strip which, done properly, I feel would make a very good film. I also think that in some ways it's better executed than Watchmen.

Now, don't get me wrong here; I like Watchmen. But I always get this little nagging voice in the back of my head when I read it. It's Moore going 'I'm dead clever I am..look at all the depth I'm adding here for people to unravel. Oh, I'm so clever', on and on and on.

Zenith is straight forward yet it tells a deeply interesting and  in many ways shocking story (Siadwell Rhys' death, the carnival of the Lloigor anyone?).

Also it has metal Archie rampaging on a giant dinosaur; what's not to like!

-Bouwel-

stront692