Main Menu

Wall-E

Started by JamesC, 18 March, 2008, 06:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devons Daddy

i was about to post that fact also.
i feel the same way. very much inspired by isnt it.
WHICH MAKES HIM ONE OUR OURS. of course.

short circuit was a rip off of a 2000ad future shock many moons ago. confirmed by the courts. if you are not aware.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Noisybast

Surely that was Hardware, your honour?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

the shutdown man

I can't wait to see this, I avoided watching the latest trailer cos I don't want to see too much before I go. I usually love trailers, but I find with comedies they can give too much of the jokes away.

I'll be curious to see if this is an almost totally silent film like we've heard. Pixar's short films are almost all silent, and they're mostly brilliant, so it'd be great to see if they can stretch effect out to a whole film.

Side-note, my mate got the super-special edition of Ratatouille, which included a disc of all Pixar's short films to date. Watching all of them back-to-back made for a fine hour's (or thereabouts) entertainment. Two favourites, Lifted and the vaguely creepy Geri's Game.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

The Adventurer

I believe the movie is "Silent" in the sense that the Robots only speak in chirps and such as perhaps can say each other's names.

The humans in the story do speak, but they aren't key to the story and is more of an ambiance touch.

Honestly, this movie looks like the perfect film for classic Tooth fans. Its like Ian Gibson robots, Mill's Robusters, up on the silver screen, married with Pixar's charm and multidimensional storytelling.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

ThryllSeekyr

I wasn't implying anything regarding copyright infringement.

No, I wasn't aware of any court case between the 'Short Circuit' movie made and released in 1986 and a 2000AD 'Future Shock'.

However, I do know about that 'HardWare' movie made and released in 1990. Then when I had got re-interested in 2000AD again a few years back. I found out there may be a connection between that movie and the 'Shok' story.

Though I have read it afew times myself and have only thought that it's a very vague connection.

Killer Robots.

Anyway, I think that robotic design is just very popular.

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=thrill&page=thrillviewer&choice=shok" target="_blank">Shok, Read All About It!

http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=thrill&page=thrillviewer&choice=shok">

Dark Jimbo

As well as Number 5 from Short Circuit, that's reminding me a lot of Huwey, Dewey and Lewey from Silent Running. I think I cried the first time I saw Lewey get killed in that lightning storm.
@jamesfeistdraws

Radbacker

Silent Running - now there is one god damn miserable kid film, i re-watchec when it was on T.V the other day and never realised it was so bleak, cant remember the end and couldn't get through on this watch does it end happy?

Pixar films are great but none will be better than The Incredibles IMHO.

CU Radbacker

Pete Wells

Aye, it looks great. I work with Lego NXT robots (see the pic below) with kids and they bear a striking resemblance to the little Pixar dude. I can definitely see myself writing some kind of Wall-E based activity once the film comes out.

I'm getting a bit tired of my Disast-droids activity which is a blatant RoBusters wannabe!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/Wellsy/WallENXTComparissoncopy.jpg?t=1206428566">

Devons Daddy

does it end happy?
bit spoiler i think. and dont know how to blank it out.so stop reading.

the bad humans get offed,we loose one of the special robots, the good guy jetisons the futurist eden project into space and the robots stay onboard to tend to it.
this all happens because
the project gets listed for destruction based on   unprofitably  i think.

all in BLOODY AWESOME.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

the shutdown man

I've found want I want for next Christmas....

Link: http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=22574" target="_blank">Cute in physical form.

You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Eric Plumrose

Does it have a bumbling, sexually-frustrated Asian side-kick?

"Geht dowhn, girly!"
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Ignatzmonster

Just like to quell any fears about the quality of Wall-E. Saw it this last weekend and it was fantastic. Beautiful animation with great characters. Only wished there was more MO.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Wasn't overly excited when I first heard about this but after seeing the trailer in the cinema this week it looks so freakin' cool.
 And it is ok to say how cute it looks as well isn't it?

Art

It's really quite fantastic, thoroughly recommended.

LARF

You seen it then Art?