Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

I trust your playing the free version of this game.

Very addictive, in fact I might be able to find one that's not such a large download.

PsychoGoatee

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Hot damn, this game is incredible.

Keef Monkey

Don't usually play mobile games but my brother had recommended this, Framed on iOS and Android.

Would probably be right up people's alleys on here - it's a puzzle game where each puzzle is laid out like an animated comic book. Your character is on the run and starts on the top left panel and works through the page, your job is to move the panels around to make sure they make it to the end. It's all about ensuring the right things happen in the right order and the panels and events are in the right places to dodge pursuers/block their shots and things. Found it very relaxing and enjoyable and really stylishly presented. Is a couple of hours long and only 60p on the Play store so money well spent, you can't even get Mars bar for that these days! Check it out :)

Other than that been mainly playing the re-release of Gears of War (still a glorious shooter) and think I'm right near the end of Battletoads on Rare Replay. I've cheated every step of the way by rewinding every time I mess up, but I don't see how any mortal human being could make it through any other way. It's INSANE.

Satanist

I'm going to buy MGS after work. I always buy MGS off the back of loving the first one and the great reviews and then don't enjoy them. My greatest bugbear is the sheer volume of cutscenes but this is meant to have much less so here I go again. I will feedback later to let you know if I've wasted my money. or not.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 03 September, 2015, 01:41:44 PM
Don't usually play mobile games but my brother had recommended this, Framed on iOS and Android.

Would probably be right up people's alleys on here - it's a puzzle game where each puzzle is laid out like an animated comic book. Your character is on the run and starts on the top left panel and works through the page, your job is to move the panels around to make sure they make it to the end. It's all about ensuring the right things happen in the right order and the panels and events are in the right places to dodge pursuers/block their shots and things. Found it very relaxing and enjoyable and really stylishly presented. Is a couple of hours long and only 60p on the Play store so money well spent, you can't even get Mars bar for that these days! Check it out :)

Like a interactive version of Pulp Fiction!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Finished Arkham City and am now playing Arkham Knight (at least, when my boys let me on the Xbox).

Playing Srarcraft 2, too, on PC. Never played it before but with the last instalment out before Christmas then I thought I would.

Arkham Knight is a marked step up in quality, in all areas, from City. And that was good. Knight, though, is one if the best games I've played in years. I think it's the story; it's proper moody batman. I jumped when [spoiler]Joker[/spoiler] appeared.
Lock up your spoons!

Keef Monkey

Played another episode of Life Is Strange (episode 3) and oh man. This series is just so damn good, and this is easily the best episode I've played yet. That ending, with the Mogwai soundtrack (always a great choice of band if you need something swelling and beautiful), just amazing. Loving this.

Also 'finished' Battletoads. Full disclosure, of course I used game saves and rewound a whole bunch of times, but as those are features in the XB1 version it still counts ;) Not sure how any mortal being could do it otherwise to be honest, it's a brutally difficult game and very often very unfairly so. If I didn't have the rewinds it would have been a horrible experience, as it stands it's been really interesting to use that function to get through these games and get to see them and see how Rare developed. Enjoyed it a lot, loads of ideas and every stage having something new, a really fun game, just hampered by insane difficulty.

Played through RC Pro Am II as well, also from Rare Replay. Really enjoyed it! Had to walk away from the first game after the difficulty spiked suddenly and I just couldn't progress, but this was way more satisfying. Fun and responsive and took me back to playing similar games as a kid. Looks like it never 'ends' as such as long as you're winning, but after 25 tracks or so it just starts repeating so I'll call that complete.

And other than that been spending most of my gaming time on Gears of War: Ultimate Edition. Still holds up brilliantly, still my favourite online competitive shooter and was a real joy to go back and revisit the campaign all shinied up. Having a great time with it.

JamesC

Until Dawn.

I'm playing this with my girlfriend - I'm pushing the buttons and she's making the decisions.
She usually complains about characters in horror films doing the wrong things so it's quite satisfying for her to be in the driving seat.
We're both really enjoying it. Even the QTEs, which people complain about, seem well suited. It seems like a reasonable way to emulate the need to act both quickly and accurately in a dangerous situation.

Satanist

I just completed my first run of Until Dawn where I managed to save just half of them. It was going so well until right near the end then it all turned to shit! Looking forward to a 2nd run and try to learn from my mistakes. Good cast as well.

Him from Mr Robot
Cheerleader from Heroes
Big good/bad guy guy from Agents of Shield
Head Nihalist from B.Lebowski/ Wood-chipper guy in Fargo

Proudhuff

These men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of.
DDT did a job on me

Keef Monkey

I always think of him as Satan from Constantine. That movie gets a lot of flack but the way they present that character is up there with my favorite movie devil depictions, very cool.

Still really want to play Until Dawn, was watching Scream 3 the other night and wished I could have pressed some buttons (mainly to get Jenny Mcarthy killed).

Satanist

Funny cos I really want to play the new gears as that was my first experience of online gaming. I appeared on screen and asked what I was meant to do then my mate started pistol whipping me. Good times. :lol:

Satanist

Well I've played MGS5 for about 5 hours now and just completed the first mission with a C ranking so Im trying it again now I've unlocked the cardboard box. The game seems huge with tons of equipment to unlock.

Graphics are fantastic and it really feels like an open world where everything you do has consequences.

Oh and there's a button that makes your horse shit!

Early days but I think I might enjoy this one. Story is still a load of muddled garbage though.

Link Prime

I really, really wanna get MGS 5, but am saving all of my disposable life for Fallout 4 next month.

I've been ticking over with The Evil Within (picked it up dirt cheap on Amazon for PS4), but have been stuck on the 'Box Head' boss fight for a while now. Tough game.

Keef Monkey

The Evil Within is definitely one of the toughest games I've played in the last few years, parts of it are pretty brutal and ammo is crazily scarce. On finishing it I did my usual and started a new run on the next difficulty up but that playthrough has stalled a few hours in because I've hit an insurmountable fight. Quite frustrating to leave it hanging like that but the frustration was starting to set in!