Main Menu

Judge Dredd Megazine 344

Started by Banners, 09 January, 2014, 11:36:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banners

No time to comment, but blimey - the new Meg was just delivered. On a Thursday.

Zarjaz!

Banners

344 I meant. Can't modify. D'oh!

Mabs

That is Zarjaz indeed.

By the way, Richmond, we need your assistance mate!
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Proudhuff

all we need to know: is there Dreddlines and how many letters? oh so close to that 10k mark now  :o
DDT did a job on me

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Proudhuff

D'oh!  I feel the Fates perspire against us....
DDT did a job on me

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Batman's Superior Cousin

Texts from Last Night

Proudhuff

nope I was right the first time  :D
DDT did a job on me

IndigoPrime

I've not read the text articles yet, but I'm liking everything else in the Meg right now.

Dredd: A solid single-parter, dealing (once again) with Dredd getting on a bit, but showing him up as the stubborn old git that he is. Some nice art by new-to-Dredd Guera, too, which put me in mind of 600-era Will Simpson, with a smidge of Doherty.

DeMarco seems well placed in Carroll's hands, judging by the second part of this investigative thriller that's ably juggling mystery, action and fun. The one thing I disliked about Trifecta was sidelining such a bright character, but she's back on form here.

Ordinary: Anything but—as ever. I'm not sure what the rights situation is for this, but I'll be buying the collected trade whenever it appears.

Anderson: I'm not sure what's happened with Grant here, but this feels more like classic-era Cass, rather like the Engram/Shamballa era. There's recognition of her age, and Dowling's art is perfectly suited.

It's Megs like this that remind me why I've stuck with it throughout the years, and the timing is perfect, since—for me—the Prog's dipped in form a bit of late.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Perhaps you are right, perhaps you are right!!!

**Walks quietly away, into the sunset!!!**
Texts from Last Night

Bat King

My first ever damaged copy :(

Looks like it happened in the packaging, big jagged 1cm rip at top but packaging fully sealed :( Rip being jagged means opening each page is an operation.

Oh well.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

HOO-HAA

JUDGE BURNS

My subs copy arrived on my doorstep today ( thursday ) as well !!!   2 days early :-)

DREDD, DEMARCO & ANDERSON  get the thumbs up from me, but I havn't enjoyed reading Ordinary at all since it started. I think it's the artwork thats puts me off the story completely.

ALso enjoying re-reading the bagged prog of Demarco.

IronGraham

Got mine today as well no read yet
We're werewolves not swearwolves