Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sideshow Bob

Wow, Skullmo... :o
That's a fabulous early Slaine piece....
Massimos' depiction of Ukko is tremendous......One seriously 'weasely looking',  untrustworthy little scrote !!
Just amazing !!.....
Congrats,

Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

hippynumber1

Stunning work from Massimo; lovely...

ming

Quote from: Skullmo on 03 October, 2013, 09:56:07 PM
A certain Warped individual arrived in the post for me today!

Really, really nice.  I remember seeing this on CAF a while back; classic Massimo.

moly

Really nice slaine there skullmo as they say here in Essex well jell

Spikes

Aye a real knockout piece. Id love a Massimo piece at some point, but congrats on snagging this!

And Skullmo, for it is he, recently passed this onto me - no doubt to help swell the Slaine purchasing fund,

OUCH!!

(Full page scan over on my CAF wall)

Simon Beigh

Yep - lovely Slaine there Skullmo, and a fabulous Flint frame JJ. Brutal! Still, no-one likes the SJS, do they...

Skullmo

sodding SJS. You may have it Judge Jack - but it's still mine in spirit!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Fatboydale

Doctor Sin from 1979 Annual .... how did this ever find it way there ... ??

Dandontdare

I always assumed that these weird annual stories were reprints from valiant/hotspur etc - if these were actual first appearances, they were probably in a drawer at the publishers left over from some comic that went bust!

Greg M.

Brilliant - I loved that story (but then, I'm a sucker for anything remotely Dennis Wheatley-ish.)

maryanddavid

IIRC it was a leftover from the stories Mills had devised for the first issue like the Visible Man.
It got a sequel in the 2000ad Action Special, the one with the revamped Steel Claw and Spider. It would still be Rebellions property, an interesting one to see some sort of continuation.

Skullmo

I've never read Dr Sin but it looks great! Congrats on more great art Dale.

Skullmo

Here is something else nice. I love the style Carlos was using here (admittedly I love all his styles). The grey wash gives the art a lovely finish. Very pleased to have this one!

And a detail scan

So much vintage Stront action in this page that I have to wear thrill blocking glasses to look at it!

maryanddavid

Simon Beigh

Some nice pages on here. That Doctor Sin looks great - a real throw back - lovely to see. Keeping the old time machine in good working order there, Dale. :)

And I do like that Carlos style, Skullmo. Possibly one of the nicest Carlos pages I've seen on here. Well done, sir!