Main Menu

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Started by Bony Fella, 06 January, 2004, 09:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bony Fella

Hi all
    Picked up LOEG volume II this weekend, and was utterly blown away, fantastic stuff! However, am a bit worried, not knowing much about plans for this series' future... If you haven't read Vol II, or not read either, go away now!! You'll be sorry...

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

F
O
L
L
O
W

Ok, so there IS going to be more, I know that much.... but I can't find any info beyond that. I don't get it though, I would like to read about other leagues, though not as a LOEG title, maybe as something seperate. Trouble is, I can't see what else they can do with it. My favourite 'power' was the invisible man, who is now very dead, and my favourite actual character was far and away Mr Hyde - also dead!! Anyone know what's happening with them?

Cheers!

Bony

Art

I believe HG Wells and Robert Louie Stevenson have written spin-off books based on those characters.

Oddboy

Robert's book is a little on the lame side though - it's something of a "mystery" tale, so when the climax of the story is that you get to find out just *who* Mr Hyde really is, you can't help but feel let down somewhat.

IMHO.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Bony Fella

I actually think that the handling of My Hyde was probably the best I've seen. It seemed to be such a brilliant leap from the original novel, the next step, and he was just... cool.

The Amstor Computer

Bony Fella - I started a thread a while back about plans for LoEG Vol III, and you'll find the link below. If it doesn't work, try searching the board for "LOEG Vol III Info"

Hope it's of interest.

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/index.php3?zone=fan&page=messagethread&choice=6335&Replies=14" target="_blank">Old thread...

Bony Fella

Thanks blackblood.... think I'll drag it back up!

Oddboy

brilliant leap from the original novel, the next step,

Quite agree with you, Moore's got the characterisation *just* right for Jekyll & Hyde, a natual epilogue from the book.
His version of Mina Harker pretty much re-writes the end of Dracula though, as she's supposed to...

[DRACULA SPOILERS] (just in case!)

...survive & have a son with Jonathan Harker, rather then never sleep with him again.

Better set your phaser to stun.