Main Menu

is it just me?

Started by mogzilla, 20 January, 2011, 01:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogzilla

dunno why but on rpg sandbox games (oblivion,fallouts,fable 2) i have a tendency to hoard items to the extent i have 4 identical suits of power armour ,several weapons guns/swords etc any one else do this ? do i need help? ;)

Richmond Clements

Yup!

I usually have 20 of everything before I finally force myself to sell it all.

mogzilla

...and then i buy it all back!!! :-[

Minkyboy

Nah I do that too.
I even horde weapons I don't have the skills to use.

It is just like real life really, whoever dies with the most toys wins.

i.e. CF!

Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

Professor Bear

A mate complains about Fallout 3 crashing when he's in his Megaton shack because he's got "only a few thousand" items in each of the lockers, fridge and Cola Machine: apparently he picks up every single object in the game that he can put in his inventory and then brings it back to his in-game home for storage.  Beat that for OCD crazy.

Satanist

My copy of Fallout 3 (360) bugged out so that I can never find the woman you sell fingers to.

Even though I know I cant sell them I still collect them and every time I see them in my inventory it drives me nuts!

But I usually keep a few duplicate armour/weapons in storage just incase of wear & tear.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

James Stacey

I'm the same .. I had to stop playing Fallout 3 as my desire to open every desk and filing cabinet and carry it all with me made for a dull game .. but I had to do it.

stupid james

radiator

I always tend to hoard the more powerful weapons and health items in Resident Evil-type games, because I want to save them for some possible future difficult boss or section of the game.

Obviously, that bit never comes and I finish the game with tonnes of kit that I never used.

I also do a similar thing in games when you earn experience points which you use to buy skills - I always hoard an insane amount of the currency 'just in case'.

fresno bob

Must be the comic book collector mentality bleeding over to gaming.
You know why the Professor never got laid on the island, don't you?

Roger Godpleton

I fucking sell all of it. You people are not as good as me at games.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Satanist

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 20 January, 2011, 10:49:07 PM
I fucking sell all of it. You people are not as good as me at games.

More cheevos at Castlevania SOTN and thats all that counts!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?