Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg M.

Clearly Murdoch is simply taking a leaf out of DC Comics's book... it'll be relaunched with a new #1 and a suitably vague connection to previous continuity. And v-necks.  ;)

Colin YNWA

While this seems like good news its worth remember you can take this a different way.

The 'News of the World' is staff by a load of innocent hard working people who had nowt to do with the terrible things they've done. They've been sacrificed (though of course they may be re-hired when the News of the Sun, or the Sun of the World whatever gets launched soon) to try to save the jobs of the few high powered people responsible...

...hmmm loads of people who had nowt to do with events losing their jobs, while those responsible at the top get away with only a blemish on their reputations. Why does that ring so many bells????

The Legendary Shark

Betty Ford.

Former first lady Betty Ford, widow of former president Gerald Ford and the founder of a noted substance abuse clinic, has died. She was 93.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JOE SOAP

Looks like she needs a drink...

The Legendary Shark

...and a coffin.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Noisybast

My girlfriend's mum, who - after everything - turned out to be a nice lady in the end. Take it easy, Lynn.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

JOE SOAP

Sorry to hear that NB- dying sometimes brings out the best in people.

Trout

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 07 July, 2011, 09:55:37 PM
Quote from: Goaty on 07 July, 2011, 05:00:59 PM
News of the World!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its good to have some good news for once.One down - more to go............

Think of all those trees that will be saved.

Sensitive.

It's none too bright an attitude for right-wing extremists like you, though, Peter. Usually, national newspapers are the only forum where anyone takes you seriously.

- Trout

Peter Wolf

Quote from: King Trout on 10 July, 2011, 12:57:13 AM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 07 July, 2011, 09:55:37 PM
Quote from: Goaty on 07 July, 2011, 05:00:59 PM
News of the World!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its good to have some good news for once.One down - more to go............

Think of all those trees that will be saved.

Sensitive.

It's none too bright an attitude for right-wing extremists like you, though, Peter. Usually, national newspapers are the only forum where anyone takes you seriously.

- Trout

See my reply to you elsewhere in a more appropriate place than an obitury thread for reasons that ought to be obvious.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Noisybast

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 10 July, 2011, 12:40:30 AM
Sorry to hear that NB- dying sometimes brings out the best in people.

Nah, she did that for herself months ago. For most of the time I knew her, she was mired in depression and a serious alcohol problem, which made her an erratic and often highly unpleasant person to be around. If I'm honest, at that point, I'd have been happy to see the back of her.  Not something I'm especially proud of in hindsight.

Happily for her and her family, she turned herself around in February and just quit drinking and smoking. From that point, she was like a completely different person. Anyway, I'm waffling and at risk of derailing the thread with mawkish piffle, so I'll stop here. I'm just glad Jen got her mum back, even if it was only for a few months.

Noisybast

Also: aw, no - Würzel? I liked him...

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Noisybast on 10 July, 2011, 01:11:31 PM
If I'm honest, at that point, I'd have been happy to see the back of her.  Not something I'm especially proud of in hindsight.

It was probably something that was understandable at that point in time so you shouldnt feel bad about it
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

TordelBack

Derailing the RIP thread with "mawkish piffle"?  Getting it back on track, you mean.  Sorry to hear your news NB, but so much better that there were at least some positive times to be had in the past while.

The Legendary Shark

My sympathies, NB.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]