Main Menu

MEG 280 - CHEW ON THIS!

Started by Satanist, 07 January, 2009, 11:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. R. Logan

QuoteLOL Thanks Stew... Positive as ever.. ;-)

Ahh yes, Mr Positive ive not been recently. Well I refuse to let the crap start to 2009 bring me down. When I return to Norfolk I will dig out Prog 2009 and the rest of this years Prog's, reread and try to inject some positivity.

[anyone got any idea where you can buy such stuff in a bottle?]

Proudhuff

Personal experience, the bottom of a bottle is the LAST place too look.

Counting your blessings and finding someone to hate, really hate, helps too

That will be £100... next

Dr Huff
DDT did a job on me

+rufus+

Quote from: "Judge Kirby"Ah my first post. so many buttons....mwa hah ha.

Just to chime in, i also cant find this issue in ireland. I went to Sub City, Forbidden Planet, two easons and a borders and its just not here. happened a few times last year with the prog. Tharg has got to get his act together  :-)

Failing that.. subscribe..it's cheaper, and very reliable.

Cheer! Rufus

brendan1

I've only read a hnadul of recent Megazines, but this was pretty entertaining stuff, if a bit patchy.

Loved the Watchmen articles and also enjoyed the piece on Ant Williams. I really didn't like his art much when he was doing Robohunter, BabeRace or his early PJ Maybe Dredds, but he seems to have improved immeasurably since then from the bits in his article, and he also seems to be a really nice bloke.

Dredd was aces, although yet another iteration of the Hunters Club schtick, and I quite liked the art.

Insurrection is burning away promisingly, and anything involving Abnett and/or MacNeil is always worth looking at. Very, very grey, though, like he's using just charcoal and pencils.

Citi-Def....hmm. The art's bright and fun, but far too cartooney to make me really give a shit about anyone in it. And the story? Er, guns and dinosaurs. Not sure.

Didn't read Tank Girl as it bored the tits off me back in the 90s, when it was at least *vaguely* relevant and zeitgeisty (that's not a  word, I know), so it's of even less interest now.

+rufus+

Quote from: "brendan1"I've only read a hnadul of recent Megazines, but this was pretty entertaining stuff, if a bit patchy.

Loved the Watchmen articles and also enjoyed the piece on Ant Williams. I really didn't like his art much when he was doing Robohunter, BabeRace or his early PJ Maybe Dredds, but he seems to have improved immeasurably since then from the bits in his article, and he also seems to be a really nice bloke.

Dredd was aces, although yet another iteration of the Hunters Club schtick, and I quite liked the art.

Insurrection is burning away promisingly, and anything involving Abnett and/or MacNeil is always worth looking at. Very, very grey, though, like he's using just charcoal and pencils.

Citi-Def....hmm. The art's bright and fun, but far too cartooney to make me really give a shit about anyone in it. And the story? Er, guns and dinosaurs. Not sure.

Didn't read Tank Girl as it bored the tits off me back in the 90s, when it was at least *vaguely* relevant and zeitgeisty (that's not a  word, I know), so it's of even less interest now.

Pleased to see you gave Tank Girl a chance.  :-) Ruf

Judge Kirby

Thanks for the welcome Rufus  :angry: ill blow up their inventory!

brendan1

QuotePleased to see you gave Tank Girl a chance. :-) Ruf

Heh, sorry I have now - albeit somewhat belatedly - put two and two together about who you are and what you do.

I've never, ever liked Tank Girl, right from the days of Hewlett and Martin; it's simply a creation and strip I can't get on with; it's of no interest to me.

And while you're probably a big boy, and don't require - much less ask for - any bones that I might throw, your art on the strip, while clearly inspired by jamie (especially some of those side-on simian faces) is very nice.

+rufus+

Quote from: "brendan1"
QuotePleased to see you gave Tank Girl a chance. :-) Ruf

Heh, sorry I have now - albeit somewhat belatedly - put two and two together about who you are and what you do.

I've never, ever liked Tank Girl, right from the days of Hewlett and Martin; it's simply a creation and strip I can't get on with; it's of no interest to me.

And while you're probably a big boy, and don't require - much less ask for - any bones that I might throw, your art on the strip, while clearly inspired by jamie (especially some of those side-on simian faces) is very nice.

Quite all right... ;) I certainly wasn't fishing for compliments.
I hope you'll enjoy the new short strips appearing this summer..

I worked on Gorillaz which Jamie designed ( I worked in animation for 15 years) so I'm naturally inclined toward this stuff.

Hope you continue to get the Megazine!

smellycatchris