Main Menu

My secret Second life

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 19 August, 2009, 10:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uncle fester

I've just lost an extended lunch break taking "a quick look" at Second Life thanks to the Mayor's shameful advertising. If it weren't for the fact that you can fly and somewhere there's a Judge Dredd shop, (allagedly, according to the Search facility), I'd've given it a wide berth.

There are some weird types lurking in there... Judging by their outfits at least. Why, in the SL version of Dublin, is everyone in a pub though?

(PS I decided on the name Abberline Mordly (nice, huh?) so I can hang around the Victorian places looking for clues to the Ripper's identity. It might happen)

Anyone else?

ThryllSeekyr

Well, it was last week when I waundered into another Pub thats on the street or road adjacent to the mall area where the Literary pub is in SL Dublin. Thsi second Pub. A real pub with complimentry prestles and the first place I switched my cocktail for real drink at the bar. From there I teleported to a large gothic castle after settling and talking to one of the other supposedly female patrons. She gave me the co-ordinates telling I get more free clothing there. Preferably Goth styled. Not that I'm really into that fashion myself.

Just before I left her in the bar, I told her I'd return. I'm still in this Gothic castle with dark marble stone towers, minerets and flying buttress's. Walkways, and spiral staircases. It's hard to beleive this is a place to buy clothing. I think it's actualley a Medievil mini-mall. This place is huge. It's where I did my first survey.

I'm still there, and have tried getting few snapshots of myuslef holding the glass of Ale. But my cmpurer froze while trying to save them to a folder. Now ithe graphics have gone haywire. So, I'll have to get back to it in a few hours.

locustsofdeath!

This is dangerously close to overtaking the cheese ipod thread as Best. Thread. Ever.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: locustsofdeath on 19 August, 2009, 01:24:25 PM
My gods, T/S, if you look anything like the avatar you've designed, you are one creepy-looking drokker! Ah, best of luck with this. Don't spend too much money in hopes of making money.

I never said I was pretty. Just trying to be honest without selling myself too short.

By that I could mean I might look alot worse.

I think I found the happy balance between modesty and honesty.

TordelBack

I'm confused... am I supposed to PM Sláine about this thread?

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

locustsofdeath!

You didn't have to pm anyone until you typed the word "Slaine" here. Now you must pm T/S about his own thread. No complaints, you did this one yourself.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 19 August, 2009, 10:49:20 AM
In the starting area, there is a line-up of what look like cardboard cutouts all staning side by side along the path. On the other side are a line up of billboards with tutorial instructions. At some stage these billboards tell you can purchase the clothing worn by the cardboard cutouts for free. Piecemeal or whole. So, I chose the same outfit, and the clothing textures now look more realistic.

In this picture below. I made my way outside the univercity grounds and down the street to a mall where I found the entrance to this Literay Pub. It's not much of a pub though. There is no bar. Here I am sitting inside the entrance drinking a cocktail obtained elsewhere. Not my usual beverage...

& close up... --A unfortunate position for my hand and drink to be in, but I had no control over my Avatar's sitting/hand/body language.--

CHEERS

Amazing !!

You can tip the glass over and the drinks stays in it !!

Theres definately some different laws of physics in second life.

Who runs central banking in second life ?

I might join up and open a bank.

The graphix look rather dated though.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

TordelBack

QuoteYou didn't have to pm anyone until you typed the word "Slaine" here. Now you must pm T/S about his own thread.

Curses!  Hoist by my own Picard!

Peter Wolf

CHEERS

[/quote]

You're my beesshht mate you are .... I love you i do....WAHHEYY !!......
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

ThryllSeekyr

If your going to put me in web comic, then use these pictures.

Holding A beer while standing inside large gothic castle.

Again but from a different angle.

Dancing on the bar top of a pub on Shamrock Island. I think this might be ficticous place.

ThryllSeekyr

So I went for stroll under the waters of Shamrock island....

Look what I found.

Thats see if we can make this one fly.

I need to learn Rise Prayers.

Standing in a vaulted room at Seahenge. A underwater crypt near that Viking raider. You should be impressed. As I had to walk a maze to find this speical room while holding my breath.

I found treasure. I wonder if it's worth any real money.

Van Dom

Stop it T/S you're getting me interested in trying this thing out again! Although I already live in Dublin so probably not much point hanging out there! Can you model yourself on anything? Could you make yourself look like a 2000ad character or are you limited to clothes they supply etc? It would be cool if you could design yourself as Slaine and wander around like that!!!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

uncle fester

I saw a Slaine-alike (minus axe) when I had a go but god knows where. By all accounts it is possible to mod your character into anything, so maybe even a Judge could be possible. Which would be amusing.

I'm guessing Nemesis might prove trickier...

...Now I'm thinking it would be really funny if a bunch of us all went on as 2000ad characters...

Bouwel

I'll be Grobbendonk.

To be honest I've tried Second Life a few times on the recommendation of others. I've found that it's either quiet, runs slow or just plain crashes. But you never know, I may give it a go again.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-