Main Menu

Recent posts

Prog / Re: Prog 2382: Beware Iron Tee...
Last post by broodblik - Today at 03:09:59 PM
Quote from: The Monarch on Today at 02:28:21 PMi could have sworn we already knew this was the last series months ago i recall some of us talking about how to get the series completed in the ultimate collection because of that news

Quite true, I even think that Mike Carroll mentioned on his twitter feed this but I think the problem is a lot of us is in denial since whom wants such an excellent story to end
General / Re: Forthcoming Thrills - 2024
Last post by Swerty - Today at 03:01:03 PM
I think in this weeks Thrill-Mail they actually said they were from the Eagle reprints
Last post by Mike Carroll - Today at 02:53:57 PM
Quote from: Max Headroom on Today at 02:29:10 PMWas the Eagle Comics colour stuff really so bad? (I am totally unfamiliar with it).
I doubt they'll use the colour from the Eagle Comics reprints: I suspect that those pages appeared on the webshop as an example of how the new version might look.

The reason I don't think they'll use the Eagle Comics colours is that the page-ratios won't match. The Eagle Comics pages would have had huge gaps at the top and bottom if they'd just shrunk the original 2000AD pages to fit, so to combat that the vertical panel-spacing was increased...

In most cases, this didn't look too bad (and it's way, way better than the Quality Comics reprints in which they just stretched the artwork) but sometimes the decision was made to omit panels or fill in the gaps with new artwork. Look at Jim's arm in the second-last panel -- I don't think that was drawn by Carlos Ezquerra! (For the Eagle Comics reprints of Nemesis the Warlock Kevin O'Neill himself drew new panels or extended existing ones to fill in the gaps.)
Last post by Max Headroom - Today at 02:29:10 PM
Was the Eagle Comics colour stuff really so bad? (I am totally unfamiliar with it).
Prog / Re: Prog 2382: Beware Iron Tee...
Last post by The Monarch - Today at 02:28:21 PM
i could have sworn we already knew this was the last series months ago i recall some of us talking about how to get the series completed in the ultimate collection because of that news

also yeah the gorbals vampire popped in my mind before it did....is this just a scottish thing?
Creative Common / Re: Does my Art look big in th...
Last post by Nightbook - Today at 02:12:58 PM
Very nice! I like that you picked out Alpha's eyes along with the red dot on his helmet. It's subtle but effective.

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 16 May, 2024, 09:43:20 PMI like these ones as well - that Dredd looks sinister

Thanks. I think he's just witnessed some shenanigans that he seriously does not approve of. :D
News / Re: The Great Dante Readthroug...
Last post by Illyana - Today at 01:35:23 PM
Y'all beat me to the announcement! I love it!

Website download

Last post by Leigh S - Today at 01:15:46 PM
Presumably this is another collected Eagle comics?  Was any of the art reworked for it (and if so, by whom?)
Books & Comics / Re: Recommended Comic shops th...
Last post by sheridan - Today at 12:58:18 PM
We probably need to know who your current comic shop is, to avoid us recommending it back to you.
Last post by Dash Decent - Today at 12:41:16 PM
Quote from: Lorenzo on 15 May, 2024, 10:14:26 PMI think I'll stick with the B&W, those colours are pretty... meh.

This.  I was really looking forward to this, but seeing all the bright purple and red, and single colour frames, etc, I'll give it a miss.