Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue Earthlet

I voted for Torquemada's Terran Independence Party, as, like all civilised people I fully support their policy of cleansing the galaxy of deviants, especially that green skinned comics editor known as the Mighty Tharg!
I say this in the confident belief that Tharg the Thick Skinned won't take offence, and will refrain from sending Rigellian hot shots in my direction.

Yours etc, from a very pure, very vigilant and exceptionally well behaved earthlet.

paddykafka

At last it can be revealed! Where all these new Conservative voters really come from. Beware! They could be anyone you know...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3cZJ3iURzk

Dandontdare

at least there's some good news on TTIP - democrats in congress have defied Obama and voted against it (and the equivalent Asian deal).  Bizarrely, the republicans voted WITH Obama on this at the same time as slagging him off for being a weak leader. It doesn't mean it's totally dead as there are too many vested interests in both parties (and on both sides of the pond) who want it passing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32717241

IndigoPrime

GoP showcasing, there, that it's not remotely for personal liberty, or even US democracy. Nice.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tiplodocus

How many Scottish Labour MPs does it take to change a lightbulb?

All of them!
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Professor Bear

It's like something Doctor Doom would say:

Dandontdare

I keep going back to that quote - it's fucking chilling and will come back to haunt him in the same way that the "no money left" joke did to Liam Byrne. Here's me thinking that tolerance and being left alone as long as you're not breaking the law was one of those "British Values" that we're supposed to be promoting.

What the fuck is "passive" tolerance anyway?

Dog Deever

It pretty terrifying- who defines 'extremist'?

Ahh... wait... that'll be the tories, won't it?
We're way closer to fascism than I thought.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

The Legendary Shark

So long as we keep the Stamford Prison Experiment and the Millgram Experiments in mind, we'll be fine.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

M.I.K.

Quote from: White Falcon on 14 May, 2015, 08:59:14 PM
So long as we keep the Stamford Prison Experiment and the Millgram Experiments in mind, we'll be fine.

Whenever anyone makes a documentary which mentions either of those, they usually try and recreate the experiments and it always bothers me that nobody taking part ever goes "hold on... haven't I seen this in a documentary?"

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: White Falcon on 14 May, 2015, 11:17:57 AM
"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long  as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'."
And so it begins.

Jesus.  All to counter terrorism, they say.  Once again, fear is used as an excuse to cast aside human rights and freedoms.  Hats off, Osama; job well done.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Steve Green

We need more extremist huskies.

The Legendary Shark

HERE IS HOW THE Uk 2015 ELECTIONS WAS RIGGED!
Some of the links in the above article won't load for me, at least one is a year old and some report only minor infractions. Still, I post it here in case anyone's interested.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Richmond Clements

I could go through that and explain point by point why it is so very wrong, but there would be no fucking point.