Main Menu

Prog 1400

Started by ukdane, 26 July, 2004, 02:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Amstor Computer

"I happen to agree with him on 2 of the points he makes but why does he dress them up in the language of the TWAT?.."

Because he is?

;-)

LARF

Have to agree with thrillpowerseeker Bec and Kawl are shite, complete waste of a tree, artwork's OK but is just a fan boys, in joke, sci-fi sit com, full of cliches, refs to films and lit. and is just boring, get it out!

RyanKingo7

>>>Anyone else tingling with anticipation???

Could be te death of Dredd, he is about 60 or something like that.

RyanKingo7

p.s
Drokk tingling, im falling of my seat.

LARF

And Rico taking over. Then again can you imagine if the Sov's controlled, aibeit unknown to them, Democracy Now and the terrorist movement forcing them to rebel and leaving the city wide open for Sov attack, and all that is left are the three Dredds?

VampiraJen

is it just my imagination or am i being slaged of by john keane?

p.s cabinc is back   YYYYEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Last of the V8's

Totally agree with you Larf.
This IS one of the best 2000AD covers ever!!
This really needs the Limited ed. print jobby done on it or better still given away as a poster with a soon to be published prog.

By the way the rest of the prog has old Skankys tentecles a thrashing. Bzzzzkkkk!! Thrill power overload!!

Bhuna

class cover. can nobody scan the rear (oh-err mrs!) of the cover??
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

ukdane

It's allready on the site....http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/scans/hires/1400.jpg">
Cheers

-Daney

DavidXBrunt

Just an idea but will it be possible to do two versions of this as wallpaper? One just plain art and a second with images from previous A.B.C. covers/stories replacing the other characters, so Rob-Buster era Ro-Jaws and Hammerstein replace Dredd and Alpha, and so on?

Dredd - Good fun episode, liked the moment where Dredd thanked the cadet. Wagner and Kennedy guarantees a degree of quality. What are the chances of seeing a Tam O Shanter afore this ones out?

A.B.C. - Odd but fun. Should kick into gear once we arrive at the last part. With the 13 weeks of Low Life and now this, is this the longest consecutive run for a single artist in the weekly since Stevie Owl's run on Devlin?

Stronty - John, Carlos, Johnny, Wulf, classy.

Cabals - The highlight of a strong prog. Read it twice already. Nothing happens but it kept me gripped. Proof that the right writer CAN make a team book work, and proof that Dom is the THE best new artist we have. I cannot wait for next weeks episode. I know I have to, but there you go.

Droidlife - heh heh.

Grant Goggans

With the 13 weeks of Low Life and now this, is this the longest consecutive run for a single artist in the weekly since Stevie Owl's run on Devlin?

*Rushes to check*

Good call!  It will be the longest.  David Bircham's 17-week run on Slaine just beats him now, but he'll pass that before the current ABC Warriors run finishes.

--Grant

chimpanzor

Any guesses that the new dredd saga will involve six thousand judges being killed off (because despite creating them, wagner writes them as being terribly inept for people that train for 15 years in the worlds toughest city) and dredd saving the day with the help of the current psi-judge of the month.

No stick to wagner, like, but please write something original even if you have been doing this for 25 years;....

DavidXBrunt

And with the double episodes he'll have drawn much more than the 18 week run implies.

And I'm massivley looking forwards to the return of Bec and Kawl next week. Perfect way to balance the line up. The ever present Dredd, two stone-cold classics and the two best new series in a long time. And there's Robo-Hunter to follow. Two months of very promising thrills.

esoteric ed

This cover will make a great wallpaper, and yeah Stronty does look like he's "doing a Dredd".

Cool snarl from Joe there too. ;-)

Ed

paulvonscott

"because despite creating them, wagner writes them as being terribly inept for people that train for 15 years in the worlds toughest city"

Sorry Chimp, I disagree.  Ennis might have killed off every supporting cast member he could get his hands on, but I really do think Wagner thinks about this stuff.

Cheers!

Paul;