Main Menu

prog 1390's cover

Started by James, 17 May, 2004, 05:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James

The Amstor Computer

Big fan of Henry Flint, but that's not a good cover. It looks sketchy and half-finished, the colours are ugly and the composition doesn't really work for me. A definite 3 or 4 out of 10.

longmanshort

Hmmm, pencils sketch coloured in Photoshop. Maybe okay for strip work, but not for a cover (McMahon's cover for Last American excepted...)
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Devons Daddy

not a cover.
looks good but not good enough for such an honour..
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Mangamax

I dunno, works ok for me.
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

JIMMY DREDD

I like it. I think the colours really stand out.

James

The style is somewhat sketchy, less finished than more obvious covers, but a striking image nonetheless.

LARF

Love it!

It's edgy, gritty with lots of movement and dynamics. The colours and style hint towards further details without having to show it. The sketchy style is symbolic of the subject matter, you can imagine the chainsaws thrashing in, blood flicking off, cleansed by the air, ready to eat a whole Wally in one sitting!

Great stuff, it's really interesting to see the boundries being pushed, and as much a fan of the steady medium, you need covers like this to break the mould.

Endjinn

I'm wary as I knwo it'll look different when I hold it in my hands, but at the moment I'm liking it a lot.

Smiley

Nowt wrong with that. Too much grey like last week, maybe.

Oddboy

I really like the 'translucent' style logo, far better then covering it up.
I do like it when they play with the logo though, colourwise - I know red it the most eye-catching, but I like variety too.
Better set your phaser to stun.

+rufus+

Faaaaantastic!! Henry can do no wrong!  Henry for Tharg.
 Rufus

VampiraJen

i like the transparent logo....would like them to do this in future instead of half of it being covered up, that would work for me...

like the rest of it too....like the sketchy feel to it, makes it rougher which suits the story....not to sure about the colour....and what's happened to her hair...???!!!

Oddboy

The answer too her hair...

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

It's a wig...http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/2000ad/hires/1390.jpg">
Better set your phaser to stun.