Main Menu

Prog 1390

Started by Pete Wells, 17 May, 2004, 04:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukdane

Well, my friendly squaxx,
All your complaining about me getting my prog the same day (or earlier) than you seems to have paid off.
It hasn't arrived on a monday in 3 weeks now!
(Do you know how much MORE a European subscription costs because of the "extra" postage!!!!!)
Cheers

-Daney

DavidXBrunt

Result! Take that Daney!!!! Bwa ha ha ha!

You still buying that book?

ukdane

Yes, when you reply to my email :-)
Cheers

-Daney

DavidXBrunt

Dudley

I said something nice about Denise on another thread.  The result?  My Prog arrives on a Monday for the first time since January!  (Stick that Daney!)

Dredd - OK, but I still don't particularly like D'Israeli's Dredd.  And wasn't the EXACT same time-traveller story run about 2 years ago, with profs from Cambridge?

Savage - I'm enjoying this strip so much that the clunkingly awful insertion of sixth-form politics actually seemed fun.  Adlard's art is FAN BLOODY TASTIC.

AHAB - Sorry, Nigel, but I like the Melville echoes (in this case the harvesting of ambergris from the whale's head).  AHAB himself is shaping up to be a legendary character - start thinking of how you can resurrect him from his (no doubt impending) death, please!

Low Life - Sharp upturn in quality, liking the sting, and the whole story's just become a lot more twisty.  Could the art be the Flint droid's best yet?

Chopper - Hmmm... it's good.  In any other prog it'd be GREAT, but it's got some tough competition here.  Still waiting to see what the sting is going to be.

Droid Life - superb as always.

Nigel Kitching

"AHAB - Sorry, Nigel, but I like the Melville echoes (in this case the harvesting of ambergris from the whale's head)."

I know that I sound like I'm bullshitting but I really don't know what you're on about. This kind of Melville reference is purely accidental. Rich tells me that there are a couple of comparisons he's spotted too.

"AHAB himself is shaping up to be a legendary character - start thinking of how you can resurrect him from his (no doubt impending) death, please!"

Obviously I don't want to talk about the end but I do have an idea for a series that could follow on from AHAB. But I'd really want to tell a different story if I do this and not some meandering aimless continuation.

Nigel

Dudley

Jesus that was fast!  Are you here 24/7, Nigel?

petemaskreplica

Not much to add to what's already been said, tbh, though I was disconcerted by the sight of Dredd smiling. And D'Israeli draws cits like a dream, all dressed up in weird silly clothes just like they oughtta be :)

The prog's mighty fine at the moment :)

Last of the V8's

Top Prog, one of the best for ages.
Loved D'Israeli's mega city and that cameo page oooooo!! Not sure I like him on Dredd though.

Nigel Kitching

"Jesus that was fast! Are you here 24/7, Nigel?"

Well, this is the kind of time I'm likely to be checking in.

I admit I am very interested to see how AHAB is going down with people. And maybe I do take a look now and again during the day...

Pathetic, isn't it?

Right, I'm off to watch the rest of The Rockford Files which I recorded today - I finally gave in and bought Sky Plus. It's like magic - you can do stuff like pause a live TV broadcast and you can record someting like 20 hours of TV on the thing. Video tape is nearly dead I think.

I'm also typing this on my laptop which links to my broadband router wirelessly... I'm pretty flash, me.

Nigel

DavidXBrunt

Anyone else think that panel of Sewell looking around the Meg with a big grin made him look like the young bloke from 'Sre you being served?'

Proudhuff

The bestest prog 9.5 on the Thrillscale

Capt Peacock
DDT did a job on me

Floyd-the-k

yes, all is good. Low Life is still brilliant but a bit confusing. Chopper is beginning to seem like a character in search of a story, a lot like Friday was. That said, it`s a good-ish story. I reckon that slinky woman has evil plans for him, what do you think?
  The Dredd was excellent - the subject matter really suited D`Israeli.
 Droid life was fantastic!

Mangamax

Last page of Chopper, top panel.
Nice to see Laser Eraser back in comics.
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Krustabi

Cover: OK

Droid Life: Not read, but I can automatically tell that it'll be good.

Dredd: Much better than the past two one-offs. I personally think D'Isreali has the potential to be a long term Dredd illustrator. Great story that felt like it lasted for more than just six pages

Savage: OK actiony stuff but:
1). Why are the Volgans going to hire a complete simpleton to worl in an environment near sensitive files. Wouldn't they checked wheher or not he was related to the most wanted terrorist in Britain beforehand?
2). The scene in which several people talk of open insurrection near a Volgan traitor. I can now look forward to the violent death of a pregnant woman. Mills has suppassed himself with this one...

AHAB: Really good. Not earth-shattering, but makes me want to see more, although AHAB slaughtering a different crew member each week could become repetitive.

Low Life: Best episode yet, ramps up the intrigue.

Chopper: A slower paced episode but great Dredd as bastard scenes. Chopper is doomed.