Main Menu

WIN THE CHANCE TO DRAW FOR 2000 AD!

Started by Molch-R, 02 August, 2012, 11:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molch-R

You could get a paid drawing gig thanks to competition at November's Thought Bubble convention!

For 35 years, Earthlets have hammered on the doors of the Nerve Centre, ever-hopeful of being chosen by Tharg the Mighty for the honour of drawing for 2000 AD. Most are chased off by Mek-Quake, but the occasional one is allowed through to test themselves against the best the comic book industry has to offer.

Now 2000 AD and the Thought Bubble convention have a very special competition. Once again, top-name art-droids from the Galaxy's Greatest Comic will be judging a portfolio session at the Leeds event in November.

But this year, the prize is truly Zarjaz – the winner of the portfolio session will get receive the chance to illustrate a Future Shock for publication in 2000 AD!

Join the ranks the biggest names in British comic book – Dave Gibbons, Jock, Ron Smith, Carlos Ezquerra, Colin MacNeil, Mick McMahon, Brian Bolland - by getting a paid strip from Tharg the Mighty!

Budding artists should view the rules and free sample script on the Thought Bubble website, draw their own version of the script, and bring their efforts to the portfolio sessions being held at the 2000 AD table* at the Thought Bubble Comic Con on Saturday 17 November. The six best efforts chosen by Tharg himself will then go before the searing eyes of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic, with the winner being accorded the privilege of becoming a paid comic book artist for 2000 AD!

Please note: you'll need a valid Thought Bubble Comic Con ticket to enter this competition which can be bought here. Winners will be shown at a special 2000 AD panel at the Thought Bubble Comic Con on Sunday 18 November.

Info page and rules: http://thoughtbubblefestival.com/events/2000ad-portfolio-competition/

Script: http://thoughtbubblefestival.com/2000ad-sampler-script/

* Saturday portfolio sessions will be allocated on a first-come-first served basis – the competition is open only to pages based on the script provided.

Dudley

Proudhuff

Quote from: Dudley on 02 August, 2012, 11:32:09 AM
Buttonman - your time has come.

Unfortunately his ankle bracelet stops him leaving Paisley, and if there are kids at the Con he won't be allow in either.
DDT did a job on me

Bolt-01

Good luck all. An interesting script...

Emperor

This is a fantastic opportunity, good luck to our wannabe artdroids.

One thing I'm unclear on:

Quote from: Molch-R on 02 August, 2012, 11:00:38 AMBudding artists should view the rules and free sample script on the Thought Bubble website, draw their own version of the script, and bring their efforts to the portfolio sessions being held at the 2000 AD table* at the Thought Bubble Comic Con on Saturday 17 November. The six best efforts chosen by Tharg himself will then go before the searing eyes of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic, with the winner being accorded the privilege of becoming a paid comic book artist for 2000 AD!

And from the TB site:

QuoteWinners will be shown at a special 2000 AD portfolio review panel at the Thought Bubble Comic Con on Sunday 19th November.

So Tharg picks a shortlist on Saturday but how does the winner get picked? At the Sunday panel or do we humble readers get to pick the winner somehow?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+