Main Menu

Game of Thrones season 4

Started by mogzilla, 01 April, 2014, 08:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 12 May, 2014, 10:42:47 PM
Link I think you definitely should have spoilered some of that!

Jesus, I hit 'bold' instead of 'spoiler tag'!
Mod edit!

Theblazeuk

That unconvincing cut was very comical and was a damp squid to the dramatic build up this thread was given at the end of the last series. The funny hing about the cut [spoiler]was "I hope you can run fast" just before the Ironborn are back to their boats; it either took a long long time to open those gates or they really can. Or they did the sensible thing and just stabbed him whilst he was fiddling with the keys...[/spoiler]

Modern Panther

Squad of high motivated soldiers [spoiler]land in enemy territory, infiltrate the castle whilst killing a variety of enemy guards.  They fight off far superior numbers and find their target despite being in unfamiliar environment.  But then...oh no, they've got a couple of dogs!  Run away![/spoiler]

radiator

Quote from: Tempunaut on 14 May, 2014, 07:21:31 PM
Squad of high motivated soldiers [spoiler]land in enemy territory, infiltrate the castle whilst killing a variety of enemy guards.  They fight off far superior numbers and find their target despite being in unfamiliar environment.  But then...oh no, they've got a couple of dogs!  Run away![/spoiler]

To be fair, by that point [spoiler]Yara had already abandoned 'Reek'[/spoiler] as a lost cause... It was more the execution I had a problem with - the disconnect between [spoiler]"I hope they can run fast" and the sudden cut to the Ironborn rather comically jogging to the boat made me laugh out loud. If they had instead cut a more dynamic shot of the Ironborn running for their lives and sold Yara's resignation a bit more it would have been fine.[/spoiler]

I think we all know where the fallout of the trial is going: [spoiler]The Red Viper vs The Mountain: Cage Match[/spoiler]. This would be the logical solution to both [spoiler]Tyrion's predicament (as Jaime is in no fit state to fight for him) and Oberyn's objective of getting his revenge - I mean, Tywin has basically already offered The Mountain to him on a plate (and is probably arrogant enough to presume that Oberyn wouldn't stand a chance)[/spoiler]....

Definitely Not Mister Pops

[spoiler]They ran away, so it follows that they actually saw the dogs as a serious threat. Which begs the question: Why not immediately kill the dogs while they were still in their cages, before they could pose a threat?[/spoiler]
You may quote me on that.

mogzilla

pete dinklage stole the show again.that sheer feeling of [spoiler]defeat as soon as he saw shae (bet bronn's shafted him) and his wonderful rebuke to everyone in the court[/spoiler]
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

Checkmate

Well, Tyrion's [spoiler]got his champion[/spoiler]. Don't like his chances [spoiler]against the Mountain[/spoiler], though.

CrazyFoxMachine

Saw that coming.

Also

[spoiler]unexpected Hot Pie[/spoiler]

which I didn't see coming.

radiator

That was another superb episode - possibly the best so far this season. Oberyn is just awesome, isn't he? [spoiler]That scene between him and Tyrion was incredibly moving and triumphant - "I'll be your champion" almost brought a tear to the eye[/spoiler]. Some really affecting scenes and a dramatic, though slightly predictable, twist ending. Lots and lots of [spoiler]character deaths this season, but unlike previous seasons they all had it coming! I fear for the Hound. That wound seems ominous, Brienne is on their trail, and Arya's mentor figures don't tend to have a very good life expectancy.[/spoiler]

Interesting developments with Melisandre and Celsyse Baratheon. I'm expecting an imminent reversal of fortunes for Stannis, but it appears there's huge potential for a spanner in the works. [spoiler]There's definitely some shit going to go down regarding Shireen - after all, Gendry is out of the picture, and king's blood is in short supply...[/spoiler]

One tiny nitpick is another minor plothole caused by the writers moving the plot around. As I understand it, [spoiler]Tywin and Jaime's bargaining over the fate of Tyrion isn't in the books. And the situation as presented on the TV show begs the question of why wouldn't Jaime call Tywin and Cersie's bluff and stand as Tyrion's champion anyway, knowing full well he'd be killed? Tywin would then be forced to intervene[/spoiler]. Or am I missing something?

You could also nitpick about all the coincidences and people bumping into each other, but hey - it's a TV show. I'm more than prepared to give it some leeway.

No episode next week - booo!

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: radiator on 19 May, 2014, 04:51:24 PM
[spoiler]There's definitely some shit going to go down regarding Shireen - after all, Gendry is out of the picture, and king's blood is in short supply...[/spoiler]

Geoffery made a bit of a noise when I read this out (yes I read this stuff out, Geoffry finds folk's opinions on Got interesting and I like the sound of my own voice) - there's something in the book coming that they haven't provided a character for and poor [spoiler]Shireen might be taking their place...[/spoiler]

Richmond Clements

QuoteOne tiny nitpick is another minor plothole caused by the writers moving the plot around. As I understand it, [spoiler]Tywin and Jaime's bargaining over the fate of Tyrion isn't in the books. And the situation as presented on the TV show begs the question of why wouldn't Jaime call Tywin and Cersie's bluff and stand as Tyrion's champion anyway, knowing full well he'd be killed? Tywin would then be forced to intervene.[/spoiler] Or am I missing something?

I think that he just [spoiler]doesn't want to die, and knows he will if he fights.[/spoiler]

radiator

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 19 May, 2014, 06:41:00 PM
QuoteOne tiny nitpick is another minor plothole caused by the writers moving the plot around. As I understand it, [spoiler]Tywin and Jaime's bargaining over the fate of Tyrion isn't in the books. And the situation as presented on the TV show begs the question of why wouldn't Jaime call Tywin and Cersie's bluff and stand as Tyrion's champion anyway, knowing full well he'd be killed? Tywin would then be forced to intervene.[/spoiler] Or am I missing something?

I think that he just [spoiler]doesn't want to die, and knows he will if he fights.[/spoiler]

Obviously. My point is is that he knows [spoiler]he would lose, and so would Cersei and Tywin, who wouldn't let him go through with it. And if Jaime was willing to risk his life to save Brienne, why wouldn't he put his life on the line for his own brother?[/spoiler]

Proteus4

I actually thought that tyrion's plan when he [spoiler]decided on trial by combat[/spoiler] was exactly because he knew if [spoiler]Jaime stood as his champion and lost, then they would both die[/spoiler]. Thus, this would really put the shit up [spoiler]Tywin[/spoiler] who would have to intervene [spoiler]to protect Jaime[/spoiler].

Turns out Tyrion didn't think about that til much later. Plus, Jaime [spoiler]cant take it for granted that Tywin would intervene to save him if he did stand for Tyrion.  Unfortunately for both of them, neither of them have any faith in their father to protect them[/spoiler].

Oh, and Stannis' daughter with the half scaly face? [spoiler]she's in big trouble, I reckon.[/spoiler]

I love the way GoT has thrown characters together that work brilliantly together. Brienne and Jaime, the hound and Arya, little finger and Sansa.  They all have great chemistry together. Can't wait for the last three episodes.

Dave
My opinion is not to be trusted: I think Last Action Hero is AWESOME. And What Women Want.

Andrew_J

All I will say is don't follow Will Simpson on Facebook if you want to stay spoiler free.

MR. ELIMINATOR

[spoiler]I'm a bit worried the hound's going to get killed. He's letting his guard down and opening up, not a good sign in the world of GoT.

Really hope they don't kill him off. However, I did think telling his story seemed a little unnatural and forced this episode.

Can't believe we have to wait two weeks![/spoiler]