Main Menu

Script droids with three strips in a single prog

Started by norton canes, 04 April, 2019, 11:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

norton canes

I was just reading the latest entry in alexf's excellent Heroes of 2000 AD blog where he highlights the excellent work of Chris Lowder, aka Jack Adrian.

This bit caught my eye:

"By 1978, he was near the top of Tharg's 'on-call' list - he's one of the few droids credited with three strips in a single Prog! Prog 78, fact fans. Off the top of my head, there are four others who've achieved this feat..."

I know Dan Abnett had three strips the other week, but who might make up the remainder of this elite group? Wagner, Mills and Grant must be obvious guesses but I couldn't pin down the actual progs. I guess some of the very early progs must be a good bet for Pat Mills as he was writing a lot of the material.

Anyone able to give an authoritative answer, in whole or part?

Tomwe

When Deadman was running was my first thought, so a visit to Barney shows a run by Wagner: PROG 654 - 656 (as well as 661-662)

Song of the Surfer
Script: John Wagner, Artist: Colin MacNeil, Colour: Tim Perkins (1-7), Fully Painted (8-12), Letters: Bambos Georgiou

The Dead Man
Script: John Wagner, Artist: John Ridgway, Letters: Jack Potter

Judge Dredd: Young Giant
Script: John Wagner, Artist: Carlos Ezquerra, Letters: Steve Potter

norton canes

Greg M.

Mentioned this recently in AlexF's thread:

Grant Morrison (Judge Dredd / Big Dave / Really and Truly - Progs 842-849)
Mark Millar (Grudgefather / Robo-Hunter / Babe Race 2000 - the infamous Prog 883)

norton canes

norton canes

Tomwe

norton canes

Greg M.

Yeah, that's the one. There's another three-in-a-prog gent mentioned there too.

norton canes

Si Spurrier (prog 1482), for non-other thread visiting completists.

Barney gives Pat Mills a writing credit for all five strips in prog 1.

The Adventurer

It certainly felt like Pat Mills was writing 3/5s of the Prog for a couple years there...

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK