Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Anderson (Movie) vs Red Razors Rd 1 Heat 85

Started by Colin YNWA, 12 January, 2022, 06:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Colin YNWA

Second to last day of Round 1 here and so last minute votes welcome before we wrap up and move on. I'll tote this one up in the morning.

IndigoPrime

Anderson. The only good bits about Razors were Ed ([spoiler]unwisely killed early in the second series[/spoiler]) and that last frame, which it turns out was down to Dobbyn's disgust rather than Millar being clever.

AlexF

Just found the most spot-on review of Red Razors:

QuoteThe first story was produced as the Soviet Union crumbled in 1991 and Vic and Bob were the hipster's TV show of choice, so perhaps it was briefly in touch with the zeitgeist, but that's long expired, and there's nothing to redeem the second. Genuinely, nothing.

-by Frank Plowright, host of the rather awesome Slings and Arrows comics review website (I still refer to the print version on my bookshelves, last produced 20 years ago)

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

So Red Razors wasn't washed away and for me that is due to the art, its a series that is so were served by the art. Its also so of its time and my age. I loved the original back in the day when I was a daft kid, cos I was a daft kid I suspect and on re-read... nah. As for Anderson, well they'll be three versions of Cass in the 2 Round as

Anderson (Movie)

joins Cadet and 'regular', she knows you love her.