Main Menu

How about a 2000AD booking containing reproductions of all free gifts & posters

Started by matty_ae, 25 February, 2024, 08:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty_ae

Dear Tharg
I'd like a nostalgic 2000AD book looking back at all the free gifts, send-aways, posters and some fan artwork submitted by future droids.

So, yes, re-release the Bio-Tronic stickers, the Spinner, the choice of a t-shirt with Prog 1 heroes on it, the lovely cutaways of the Lawmaster, posters of certain artists (The New Masters) and some cover art without logos.
Star Wars has done these sort of memorabilia repro books in multiple formats. I think it would be a great nostalgia read and also stop some of the retro bootlegging. Maybe even a set of codes to download the stories from the first 100 progs etc.

Steve Green

I'm not sure how many free gifts there were beyond the first 3 - bar a couple of badges and a pencil?

I know people have asked about nice repros of the multi-part posters, like the Cursed Earth one, the Future Worlds and Total War ones

I loved seeing Steve Cook's rescued proofs of colour covers + spreads + Robin Smith's layouts - it was interesting seeing the inner workings of the Nerve Centre

The Legendary Shark

I think there was bubblegum at some stage. I remember leaving it sellotaped to the cover and it eventually went mushy and stained a couple of progs with sticky nast.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

matty_ae

Quote from: Steve Green on 27 February, 2024, 08:13:06 PMI'm not sure how many free gifts there were beyond the first 3 - bar a couple of badges and a pencil?

I was thinking of those tiny booklets you were encouraged to cut out the comic - Flesh guide to Dinosaurs, Robot Guide, Mini-Prog 1, Cursed Earth boardgame. So yes my definition of 'free gift' is a bit loose. There's so much love for the posters/cutaways. I guess cos some people could have stared at them on bedroom walls for years.

Just found a free gift list - you're right Steve! https://www.2000ad.org/?zone=prog&page=freegifts

nxylas

The glue used in the Biotronic Man stickers has since been banned under the Geneva convention.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Steve Green

Quote from: matty_ae on 28 February, 2024, 05:41:31 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 27 February, 2024, 08:13:06 PMI'm not sure how many free gifts there were beyond the first 3 - bar a couple of badges and a pencil?

I was thinking of those tiny booklets you were encouraged to cut out the comic - Flesh guide to Dinosaurs, Robot Guide, Mini-Prog 1, Cursed Earth boardgame. So yes my definition of 'free gift' is a bit loose. There's so much love for the posters/cutaways. I guess cos some people could have stared at them on bedroom walls for years.

Just found a free gift list - you're right Steve! https://www.2000ad.org/?zone=prog&page=freegifts

Gotcha, yeah there's a bunch of things that don't get collected

How would you do it though? Bound into the book, or loose to be assembled if you wanted to?