Main Menu

'Get well soon' messages to Peter Doherty

Started by Molch-R, 05 December, 2016, 07:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molch-R

For those of you who haven't heard, artist Peter Doherty has been very seriously ill in hospital since 23 November. Originally thought to be suffering a heart attack, Peter was diagnosed with a torn aorta and underwent major surgery. After a number of days under sedation he's now awake again but will be in hospital for a while yet.

We're putting together a card for Peter from the droids in the 2000 AD Command Module, but we'd also like to include messages from his fans on the forum.

So if you'd like to send him best wishes or a 'get well soon' message, please leave it on this thread and when we send the card we'll print them off and include them so that Peter can see just how many people are wishing him a speedy recovery.

Cheers,

Molch-R

dweezil2

Hope you feel better soon Peter and get back to creating wonderful art!

The very best of wishes!

Ashley x
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Steve Green

All the best for a speedy recovery, Peter - as well as being an amazing artist and a pleasure to chat with, the panel you hosted at NICE con was one of the most entertaining I can remember.

Pete Wells

Don't put your aorta on the stage, Mrs Worthington! Get well soon Peter, your Prog and loyal fans need you..

Sending hugs.

Pete.

IndigoPrime

I always loved your art, Peter, and I'm thrilled to hear you're awake again. Here's wishing you a full and speedy recovery – and also hoping you'll be back to art of some kind before long.

Colin YNWA

Good look with your recovery.

Its no surprise that your art has graced two of the truly great, emotional Dredd stories, 'Bury My Knee at Wounded Heart' and 'Death of a Legend'. Your subtle palette carries such depth and feeling, perfect for two of my all time favourite Dredd stories.

Best wishes and thanks.

Leigh S

Best wishes Pete - love your art, but annoyed at your aorta - get well soon!

WhizzBang

Hi Peter, I have always loved your art. It sounds like a truly awful ordeal you have been through. Get well soon and take care.

DrRocka

All the best Peter, been a huge fan ever since "Justice One".  Such GREAT art, can't wait to see more in the prog! Sean.
Never ever bloody anything ever

Unkle Kev

Pete, I'm sorry to hear how hard a time you have had recently, but I'm delighted that you are back with us.

Take all the time in the world to get back to full fitness, as long as you promise us more fantastic art.

Take care.

Zarjazzer

I hope for a swift recovery for you, Peter Doherty. All my best wishes. I'm sure you'll be back soon thrilling us with your artwork once again.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Adrian Bamforth

Just been pouring over your Breathing Space art and thought 'aorta' say get well soon Pete. 2017 can only be better.

dancornwell

Hi Pete, shocked to here what happened but glad to hear you're awake now and in recovery. Hope you'll be out soon and back home doing what you do best. Get well soon mate.
Dan Cornwell

Albion

Best wishes and get well soon Peter. Love your art and looking forward to plenty more.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Andy Lambert

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Peter - hope you're being well looked after and are back on your feet again very soon.