Main Menu

2000AD Forum Sketch Competition #2: ENTRIES THREAD

Started by Jim_Campbell, 06 March, 2021, 10:55:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

It's time! Show us your arts, fellow Squaxx!

The theme this month is REGENED.

As last month's winner, Colin YNWA explains:

QuoteRegened - its been all the buzz of 2000ad social media. We love it. We hate it. Now we create it. Regene your favourite character by reimagining them as they would be created in a new all ages comic. Regene your favourite cover, regene ... something completely new that would fit into the Regene issues... which isn't regening is it, its just gening... but you get the idea. Do something, do anything, that would look in place in the current regened issues.

Remember, you don't have to just do a younger version of an existing character — you can come up with something entirely new, or an all-ages/YA spin on your favourite strip. Manga Nemesis? Hookjaw in the style of Bone? Durham Red as a Powerpuff Girl?

You've had a week to get your thinking caps on, now you have one week to get your sketches in.

You can render your entries in the medium of your choice, and you can enter as many times as you want, but please don't spend more than 45 minutes on each sketch.*

There will be a GLITTERING PRIZE for the winning entry. As well as getting to choose the theme for Sketch Comp #3, the winner will receive a randomly selected graphic novel from my Terrifyingly Tall Mountain of Comps™.

Have at it, folks!

*Abandoned attempts don't count, so you can take as many stabs at getting an idea right as you need, and no one is standing over you with a stopwatch, but the 45 minutes starts when pencil/pen/crayons/fingers hit paper on the version you want to submit.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Jim_Campbell

Just to get you started, here's a (not entirely serious) sketch from me. A whisker under thirty minutes, brushpen and Letraset Promarkers for colour.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Woolly

Think you're onto a winner there Jim!

This is the best I could do in 45 mins, I'm afraid...

Apologies for crap quality - I'll try and get a scan done later.

Jim_Campbell

Oh, that's great! I love the manic expression, and that right hand is fantastic.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

##Fixed links -- Bolt-01##
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Amazing work all round.  Sharky, I haven't drawn in biro for years - but looking at your work, I intend to do so soon, if not for this compo then for the next.

EDIT - the links on your second post aren't working for me, I'm afraid.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Woolly

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 06 March, 2021, 12:24:20 PM
Oh, that's great! I love the manic expression, and that right hand is fantastic.

Thanks man :)

I'll definitely be doing more work on this - First time I've tried drawing AG and it's great fun! Such a wonderful design!
Also, I truly do think that if he's gonna return it should be in ReGened. Match made in heaven IMHO :)

Woolly

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 06 March, 2021, 12:24:20 PM
..and that right hand is fantastic.

It'll get there, I'm sure ;)
I try to follow the classic McMahon different-angle-at-every-joint style!

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 06 March, 2021, 12:37:47 PMAmazing work all round.  Sharky, I haven't drawn in biro for years - but looking at your work, I intend to do so soon, if not for this compo then for the next. EDIT - the links on your second post aren't working for me, I'm afraid.
Cheers :D Can some kindly mod please remove my first two posts and I'll try again. Thanks.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Woolly

You can join Imgur for free you know Sharky... It's great for just storing and sharing stuff.

https://imgur.com/register?redirect=%2F

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Woolly on 06 March, 2021, 12:51:37 PM
You can join Imgur for free you know Sharky... It's great for just storing and sharing stuff.

https://imgur.com/register?redirect=%2F

Yes. Just right-click an image once it's uploaded to Imgur and 'Open in new window'. Copy the url at the top of new window, and paste between the IMG tags here — at least, that's what I do.

Bolt-01

Shark - updated the post for you.

and now my effort - drawing took 20 min, then the rest was digital tomfoolery.

I'm now thinking of a one-page strip in a Cor! stylee for this.

The Legendary Shark

Sorry guys - it's working in the preview but when I post it all goes breasts aloft. Delete everything of mine and I'll try again after work. Damn it and sorry for the faff.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]