Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Taylor

Well, I dunno. I'm still waiting for volume 3 of The VC's, which has appeared on the schedule and then been canceled at least twice. Vol 2 came out 3-and-a-half years ago now and considering the first two seem to have sold out long ago (try getting hold of a copy of either), presumably there must be enough demand to justify a print run of the third. Incompleteness annoys me. I recently moved my 'Spawn Collection' volumes off my main bookshelves to a place out of sight because they pissed me off every time I looked that them. Still can't believe Image just decided to cancel the line a mere two volumes short of closing the gap with the Armageddon Collection. It makes me mad. Not to mention sad.

The Adventurer

Quote from: Mark Taylor on 10 November, 2012, 08:59:06 AMStill can't believe Image just decided to cancel the line a mere two volumes short of closing the gap with the Armageddon Collection. It makes me mad. Not to mention sad.

Not strictely speaking IMAGE's fault.Todd McFarlane controls all aspects of his property, including what trades to collect and publish. Image the publisher can't make that call. And as an Image founder/board member, McFarlane has the right to publish ANYTHING regardless of sales predictions/outcomes (because he has a stake in the company). So McFarlane made the call, don't blame the publisher.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Mark Taylor

Quote from: The Adventurer on 10 November, 2012, 09:28:24 AMNot strictely speaking IMAGE's fault.Todd McFarlane controls all aspects of his property, including what trades to collect and publish. Image the publisher can't make that call. And as an Image founder/board member, McFarlane has the right to publish ANYTHING regardless of sales predictions/outcomes (because he has a stake in the company). So McFarlane made the call, don't blame the publisher.

That rather conflicts with the explanation Image gave on their forums at the time which stated that it was about consistency of format and visual branding across their line of graphic novels. I followed it quite closely as I had a personal interest. I'm NOT about to get into an argument about it though because I have better things to do than dig around for several-years-old posts on other forums I don't even contribute to anymore.

P.S. I'm not doubting you're correct about McFarlane having control, but I'm guessing in this case that Image told him what they wanted to do and he gave the go-ahead.

JOE SOAP

The synopsis for Origins North American reprint:

MARCH 2013: JUDGE DREDD: ORIGINS

ISBN: 9781781080993 US $19.99/Canada $22.99

The story that changed everything. When Judge Dredd co-creator John Wagner decided to tell Dredd's origin story, fans had no idea what was in store. The first Chief Judge Fargo's severed hand is delivered to the Grand Hall of Justice with a ransom note and Judge Dredd has to travel with his team into the Cursed Earth in an attempt to recover the Judge Father's body and discover the culprits. This trip becomes more than just a journey across America - this is a journey that delves into both the past and the history of the Judges and Mega-City One itself!

http://www.2000adonline.com/news/09-11-2012/all_stars_and_stripes/

Pedantic bit: It was a piece of skin-tissue rather than a severed hand.

Mark Taylor

Yeah, but a severed hand sounds far more sinister, and lying to make things seem more appealing is a well established and proven marketing technique.

credo

Dash Decent

RUN FOR THE HILLS!  There's a Fr1day reprint on the way:

War Machine.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dash Decent on 13 November, 2012, 11:31:03 AM

War Machine.

Yeah but War Machine was pretty damned good. Incredible art from Will 'whatever happened to' Simpson.

Dash Decent

Yes, but if it's successful they might bring out more!!!   :-\ :-X :o
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 13 November, 2012, 11:37:56 AM
Yeah but War Machine was pretty damned good. Incredible art from Will 'whatever happened to' Simpson.

Currently storyboard artist on Game of Thrones and (very slowly) developing a creator-owned vampire book whenever he gets enough time to work on it...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Taryn Tailz

And here I was just a few weeks ago asking for a reprint of Friday. I'll be sure to be picking up a copy of War Machine.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 09 November, 2012, 11:43:20 AM
Quote from: The Adventurer on 09 November, 2012, 10:38:15 AM
Quote from: Dash Decent on 09 November, 2012, 10:27:36 AM

Button Man - 17 Sep 2013
Seems to be the phone book version - 304 pages of letters sent to Tharg.

Oh please god let this be real. I've only ever got my hands on a copy of the first Button Man trade. If I could get the whole series in one book... I'd lose my mind.

It is real.

Amazon now have the title as "Button Man: Get Harry Ex".  I imagine there's a "ton" at the end.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

hippynumber1

Quote from: Dash Decent on 13 November, 2012, 11:31:03 AM

War Machine.

Is this a U.S. reprint? We've not long had this in the Meg floppy format...

Colin YNWA

It wouldn't be surprising with Dave Gibbons as a name attached and a selling point?

IndigoPrime

Yup, that's a US book, judging by the price tag ending in .24. Odd cover, too, but then there's only one Simpson cover from the era. Personally, I always liked Oli Frey's go at the character. Such a pity he didn't do more for 2000 AD. (I heavily reworked that art when we did a new issue of Zzap!64, way back in 2002.)