Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: J.Smith on 03 October, 2014, 03:56:30 PM
Quote from: hippynumber1 on 01 October, 2014, 07:31:12 PM
Slaine: The Brutania Chronicles Bk 1 Now up for pre-order

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Slaine-Brutania-Chronicles-Pat-Mills/dp/1781083355/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_cart_3_p?ie=UTF8&refRID=1Z0KMKHCMWR7KZ463EQN

Great to see that this will be continuing the hardback line for Slaine, though I suppose the page length will put it more in line with the four Volgan War hardcovers, which is probably even better since there's no gutter loss on those things at all. Good stuff either way.

Anyway, this reminds me - I really would love if the earlier Slaine stories were re-collected in the same style as these Mek Files books for the ABC Warriors in the next year or so. It'd save buying all the various paperbacks for one thing, but having all the colour splash pages back in print in a book more in line with the size of the Prog would be smashing too.

Absolutely. Put me down for copies of all.

SBT

hippynumber1

I already have all the Slaine paperbacks and would have no qualms at all about re-buying in the larger hardback format!

TordelBack

QuoteGreat to see that this will be continuing the hardback line for Slaine, though I suppose the page length will put it more in line with the four Volgan War hardcovers, which is probably even better since there's no gutter loss on those things at all.

It's funny, I've been bemoaning the ending of the beautifully realised softback reprint line, and lamenting that I'll have to change format to hardback to get the Langley years - but the prospect of a 'Simple Killing' hardback fills me with glee! 

Batman's Superior Cousin

Prog & Meg schedule for end of year:

2000 AD PROGS 1910 & 1911
Searing SF action from the Eisner-nominated UK anthology! Everything wraps up in the final two regular issues of the year — the Ichabod Azrael saga comes to a bullet-sprayed close by Rob Williams and Mike Dowling, Stickleback gears up for the final fight, courtesy of Ian Edginton and D'Israeli, and secret agent John Blake battles his nemesis in Greysuit: Prince of Darkness by Pat Mills and John Higgins. Plus more zero-tolerance law enforcement in Judge Dredd!

2000 AD PROG 2015
(W/A/CA) Various
Celebrate Xmas with the traditional end-of-year issue — 100 pages of barnstorming sci-fi from the finest writers and artists in the galaxy! One of the most eagerly awaited Dredd stories starts this issue, Dark Justice by John Wagner and Greg Staples, as the lawman's most feared enemies, the Dark Judges, make their terrifying reappearance. Plus Bill Savage is back on the frontline fighting the Volgs in Grinders by Pat Mills and Patrick Goddard; Kek-W and John Burns take us back to the 13th century for a brand-new SF/fantasy saga The Order; the psychotic Ulysses Sweet is a wanted man in "Psycho Therapist" by Guy Adams and Paul Marshall; sharpsuited informer Max Normal revisits an escapade in Apetown in "No Comics For Old Men" by Guy Adams and Ben Willsher; and there's complete Low Life, Jaegir and Visible Man stories!

JUDGE DREDD MEGAZINE #355
More action and adventure in the future-shocked world of Judge Dredd! "Dead Zone" comes to its fiery climax courtesy of John Wagner and Henry Flint; there's a new case for P.I. Galen DeMarco by Michael Carroll and Steve Yeowell; an epic new Dredd saga begins in "The Cop" by Al Ewing and Ben Willsher; and American Reaper returns for its final arc by Pat Mills and Clint Langley. Plus the usual features, interviews and more, and in the bagged graphic novel this month, to celebrate the return of the Dark Judges in 2000 AD, we revisit the dark days of Plagues of Necropolis by Si Spencer, Simon Davis and more!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

ZenArcade

Gonna be a thrill packed winter by the looks of it. Prog 2015 looks unmissable. Ulysees Sweet....I'm in hog heaven. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Hawkmumbler

Prog seem's to be on fire from now till chrimbob. Prog 2015 sounds phenomenal with the one down side that thiers no festive Absalom this year round. But thst just me being a pessimist.

Plagues of Necropolis though, I think that speaks for itself.

Spikes

Quote from: Apestrife on 27 September, 2014, 07:49:37 PM

Much thanks to "Dredd Reckoning" I'm asking, since Wolk says that Apocalypse war was written into a strip. I really like the sound of it.

Looks like some really good fun either way. Will definitely buy the Daily Dredds book!

Quote from: glassstanley on 27 September, 2014, 07:51:58 PM
Apocalypse War was condensed into a single half page strip!

It was indeed.

A scan taken from the original art

But great news that the first book is landing next month.  :thumbsup:

Frank

Cheers, Batson! I wondered what the excellent Willsher was doing with himself - I loved his take on Max Normal in the Lenny Zero story of which we no longer speak, so allowing him to promenade his take on the dapper gent who's never bent over the course of a solo series, which hopefully includes talking polar bears (but no [spoiler]pseudo drug rape[/spoiler]), seems like a great idea.

The title is either a crack at the expense of a readership who can remember when telly showed a test card until quarter to four in the afternoon, or indication that the story will riff on Max Normal's debut in prog 20's The Comic Pusher.

Prodigal2

Prog 2015 has my thrill circuits overloading at the thought (except for Ulysees Sweet which doesn't do much for me).

The festive big one still feels like a Chrimbo old school "annual" to me and I dearly love it for that reason.

I, Cosh

Quote from: sauchie welfare on 20 October, 2014, 07:15:32 PM
... I wondered what the excellent Willsher was doing with himself - I loved his take on Max Normal in the Lenny Zero story of which we no longer speak, so allowing him to promenade his take on the dapper gent who's never bent over the course of a solo series...
I rather hope it's a one-off instead of a series. Two painfully unfunny comedy strips running alongside Bill Savage goes Cottaging would be a bit much.

Of far more interest to me is Willsher's Meg outing which also features the very welcome return of Al Ewing to Dredd. Surprised nobody else is eager to see that.

There's no pleasing some people (me) is there?
We never really die.

James Stacey

Quote from: The Cosh on 21 October, 2014, 11:02:04 AM

Of far more interest to me is Willsher's Meg outing which also features the very welcome return of Al Ewing to Dredd. Surprised nobody else is eager to see that.

Al hasn't done Dredd yet has he? It's all been Art so far?

Link Prime

Quote from: James Stacey on 21 October, 2014, 11:17:48 AM

Correct- and he's done a pretty decent job so far.

Having Al Ewing back at all is also excellent news.

James Stacey

More Al Ewing is always a good thing.

Spaceghost

Don't get your Als and Arts in a twist. Al Ewing wrote all the Dredd episodes of Trifecta along with many other Dredd stories over the past few years.

On another note - "American Reaper returns for its final arc by Pat Mills and Clint Langley" - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Link Prime

Quote from: Spaceghost on 21 October, 2014, 11:28:07 AM

Don't get your Als and Arts in a twist. Al Ewing wrote all the Dredd episodes of Trifecta along with many other Dredd stories over the past few years.

Sure of course- I took it this was regarding Al writing (movie-verse) Dredd, not 'Judge Dredd'.