Main Menu

Thirteenth Floor vol. 2 HC pre-order

Started by IndigoPrime, 22 July, 2020, 07:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Like hardcovers? Like Thirteenth Floor? Then secure your copy of volume 2 right now:

https://treasuryofbritishcomics.com/catalogue/RCA-B0098

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Max Headroom

Just  pre-ordered this. Will the third volume be the final one or will the story stretch to more?

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 22 July, 2020, 07:22:33 PM
Like hardcovers? Like Thirteenth Floor? Then secure your copy of volume 2 right now:

Yes, I do. Yes, I do. Yes, I did.
Lock up your spoons!

seanharry

M.I.K.

Quote from: Max Headroom on 22 July, 2020, 08:17:30 PM
Just  pre-ordered this. Will the third volume be the final one or will the story stretch to more?

Original run finished at the end of February 1987, so the third will probably be the last.

CalHab

moly

Ordered I'm not a big fan of some of the older stuff but really enjoyed the last thirteenth floor

IndigoPrime

Just got my Rebellion notice that this is on the way. Squeeee!

The Enigmatic Dr X

I got mine today at 7.10pm, saying it was posted two days ago!

Lock up your spoons!

Greg M.

Well, my copy has arrived, and man, The Thirteenth Floor really goes mental after Max moves to the department store. I can remember the early episodes of that phase fairly well - great to see the Ian Kennedy wraparound cover again, with the monsters on the escalator - but the later 'secret agent' stuff is only stirring the dimmest of memories, and I'm not sure I've ever read the episodes where he's reinstalled at Maxwell Tower. I presume there's still enough of that era to reprint for a Vol. 3?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Greg M. on 13 October, 2020, 11:43:41 AM
Well, my copy has arrived, and man, The Thirteenth Floor really goes mental after Max moves to the department store. I can remember the early episodes of that phase fairly well - great to see the Ian Kennedy wraparound cover again, with the monsters on the escalator - but the later 'secret agent' stuff is only stirring the dimmest of memories, and I'm not sure I've ever read the episodes where he's reinstalled at Maxwell Tower. I presume there's still enough of that era to reprint for a Vol. 3?

It's wonderfully mad. As far as I recall there are about 145 episodes of TTF, so there should be enough (50 or so episodes) for another volume.

Greg M.

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 13 October, 2020, 01:05:57 PM
It's wonderfully mad. As far as I recall there are about 145 episodes of TTF, so there should be enough (50 or so episodes) for another volume.
Cheers, Joe. It'll be interesting to see how successful Wagner and Grant were at wrangling the strip back into its original direction after the frankly bizarre exploits of this volume.

Tjm86

How successful?  Considering the length 'til the next volume I think I might have to dig out my Eagle collection for that answer.  In all honesty though my recollection is ... "pretty well, actually" ...

I think with the Eagle merge they had a directive to fit it a bit more in with the action / adventure nature of the other title.  Bit hit and miss but still good fun and let's face it, head and shoulders above the competition even so ...

BPP

Shout out to whoever designed the hardcovers for this series - beautiful distinctive work.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd