Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: pops1983 on 05 May, 2011, 12:49:19 AMThe internet is all about consensus (when its not about trolling/spamming)

As long as we get enough oil to power the generators that power the servers. Otherwise it's back to pigeons.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Pigeon fuelled generators? Good idea, burn the wee sky rats
You may quote me on that.

Peter Wolf

Remember that Democracy is no good without a written Constitution/Bill of rights based on the rule of Law/Common Law/Natural Law.

I advocate the US as an example of that which hasnt ever been improved upon as it protects the rights of minorities/individuals and which restricts the size and influence of central Govt by constraints and which allows seperate states/regions a certain amount of autonomy.

It provides a system of checks and balances that prevents one sector of the public from imposing their will onto other members of society which is what usually happens in a Democracy where the emphasis is placed on the majority[mob rule] and popular elected govt while the minority suffers.

For example in the US you have the right to own firearms but if you dont agree with that then you have the right not to own firearms.

If you dont believe in free speech then outside of the normal parameters of free speech you have the right not to speak your mind and censor yourself.[Free speech is a tricky one as its not always an absolute in certain instances]

If you object to others religious pratices for example then you have the right to not participate in or share the same religion.

If you object to a public political protest for example then you have the right not to attend the protest but yourself or anyone else does not have the right to deny others the right to protest in public.

If you object to the right to defend your home and property with force from criminals for example then you have the right not to defend your home and property with force from criminals.

And so on.........

Its all about stopping one sector of people imposing/enforcing their ideas and views onto others by force of will  as everyones rights are protected as you have the choice while you still have the right to object but not enforce.

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 04 May, 2011, 10:28:33 PM
The more important question is what will we do to organise our own 'alternatives' now the politicos are irrelevant?

Think of alternatives and start doing it.For example the Federal Govt in the US is forbidding anyone from selling raw milk and growing organic vegetables so the solution to that problem is to fuck them off and start selling or continue selling raw milk and organic vegetables and if everyone does this then the Federal Govt will be unable to enforce its legislation.

The criminal system relies on your consent to stay in power and the present criminal system will try its hardest to prevent the alternatives and it will only succeed if everyone allows it to as the system wouldnt be able to cope with any large scale civil disobedience.

People who were and are sick of the mainstream media create the alternative media and contribute to it as an alternative.People are sick of mainstream media journalists so they decided to be their own journalists and write their own articles.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

The Legendary Shark

That's a good idea. We can adopt the United States' Constitution - they don't seem to be using it at the moment...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Peter Wolf

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 05 May, 2011, 02:16:24 AM
That's a good idea. We can adopt the United States' Constitution - they don't seem to be using it at the moment...

We are not using ours very much either as all of these Constitutions and Magna Cartas etc are just so antiquated and we need to move with the times and modernise and live under a legislative framework where rights become privelages and subject to change at any given time without discussion or democratic process.

The Legendary Shark

1: A decent life for everyone; no exceptions, no compromises.
2: Cause loss or harm to no-one.
3: Enjoy.

This concludes the Patented Shark Constitution. (Keep it simple, I say.)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

HOO-HAA

Quote from: The Cosh on 05 May, 2011, 12:11:43 AM
How about somebody tells me what democracy means?

Two wolves and a sheep arguing over who's going to be dinner tonight :)

House of Usher

Woah! Liberal Democrats have lost 591 council seats, and counting.

Liberal Democrats in "failed to realise how much of their support comes from the Left" shock.

::)

(duh.)
STRIKE !!!

Matt Timson

Pffft...

TordelBack

Quote from: House of Usher on 06 May, 2011, 05:18:43 PM
Liberal Democrats in "failed to realise how much of their support comes from the Left" shock.

I'm amazed that anyone would vote for the Lib Dems ever again.  If you'd wanted a government somewhere far to the right of Thatcher I'm sure it'd have been simpler to actually vote for one.

The Legendary Shark

This is what you get when you reduce politics to simply voting for your favourite colour.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

HOO-HAA

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 05 May, 2011, 02:44:14 AM

I've got my constitution tattooed on my neck: An it harm none, do what ye will.

Emperor

Quote from: HOO-HAA on 06 May, 2011, 06:06:21 PM

The Imperial Constitution: Don't be a dick.*

Not sure where I'd have that tattooed though. ;)

* It works well in most circumstances from the personal to the global.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Peter Wolf

There was a plan to merge the Libdems/Conservatives permanently which would have reduced voter choice to 2 interchangeable mainstream parties but the fact that LibDem supporters seem to have rejected that idea since the majority didnt vote LibDem as a protest means that the LibDems/Conservatives will part company once this term in office is over.LibDem voters were cheated at the last election anyway as there was no justifiable reason why LibDems had to be absorbed into the Conservative party but if that hadnt happened then Çonservatives wouldnt have been able to force through unpopular policies.

It remains to be seen wether or not the LibDems will recover support again or be looked upon as sellouts forever by their voting base.If their voting base switch to Labour  at the next general election then LibDems will become irrelevent and you still end up with 2 interchangeable mainstream parties.

I spoilt my ballot paper for the first time last night as i looked at the choices and it was all LibDem/Conservative/Labour/Greens and i am not interested in any of them so i drew a line through all of them.

HOO-HAA

Quote from: Emperor on 06 May, 2011, 06:28:17 PM
Quote from: HOO-HAA on 06 May, 2011, 06:06:21 PM

The Imperial Constitution: Don't be a dick.*

Not sure where I'd have that tattooed though. ;)

* It works well in most circumstances from the personal to the global.

hahah!  :lol: