Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pictsy

I do like XII.  It has a lot going for it.  I don't remember story being especially bad either.  It just doesn't have a satisfying ending, and that's the real gut punch.  After all that, it just fizzles out?  It makes it feel like a waste a time.  I'm not usually fussed about game stories, but the end came so abruptly I was actually confused.  I felt like there was half a game missing.

Link Prime

Metroid Prime Remastered is a definitive 10/10 masterpiece.

I had (still have) the original Gamecube version from two decades ago, but had forgotten just how smooth the gameplay of this introductory 3D chapter actually was.
Graphical update is flawless.
If you have a Switch it's an essential purchase - going for about 30 squid at the moment too.

Colin YNWA

Insanely late to the party... in fact so late all the booze has gone and everyone putting their coats on and getting ready to move on the next party, up the road in what I assume is a bigger posher house...

... what I'm saying is I've recently been playing Zelda - Breathe of the Wild on the Switch and its magnificent. Absolutely bloody magnificent. I'm rubbish at games, but I've found I can play it and the learning curve is such that I'm becoming a better game player by getting on. The Boy child is really good at games, but it has enough challenge for him. Quite how they squared that circle amazes me!

He (the boy child) has completed the main quest - well he did that ages ago - but is finding plenty to do beyond that, though having and DLC goes seem to help with that. I've only done two of the four big beastie thingies but am spending ages exploring and filling my boots with other things. We've both played for roughly the same time.

Its just a wonderful, best example of open world game play I've ever done. All the more enjoyable cos I can now kill guardians with a degree of confidence - just need to get brave enough to take on a Lynel thingy*

*Please proper gaming types don't laugh at me, as I say I'm rubbish at games!

Funt Solo

Minesweeper. Again. Meditative.

The last real game I played was Dysmantle. Great beginning ramp-up with a poorly managed late game.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Definitely Not Mister Pops

HITMAN: WORLD OF ASSASSINATION, originally HITMAN reboot trilogy which needed inelegant brackets and year of release.

The base game was excellent. Like a big intricate puzzle box where the central problem to be solved is "that guy is alive".

The new freelancer mode is feckin' class. It's one of those game expansions where you play it and start thinking "What the hell is happening? I thought I was good at this game!".
You may quote me on that.

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 24 March, 2023, 12:14:01 PMI've recently been playing Zelda - Breathe of the Wild on the Switch and its magnificent. Absolutely bloody magnificent.

Good man Colin, you'll soon be getting that Golden Triangle tattooed to your hand.

Been an age since I fired this up on the Switch, but I might do so to reacclimatise before direct sequel Tears of the Kingdom is released on May 12th.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Link Prime on 06 April, 2023, 10:11:53 AM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 24 March, 2023, 12:14:01 PMI've recently been playing Zelda - Breathe of the Wild on the Switch and its magnificent. Absolutely bloody magnificent.

Good man Colin, you'll soon be getting that Golden Triangle tattooed to your hand.

Been an age since I fired this up on the Switch, but I might do so to reacclimatise before direct sequel Tears of the Kingdom is released on May 12th.

Lynel's HA! Can take them now as well... well a Savage Lynel does take quite a bit of prep and resource to do but offed my second just this morning. So much fun.

The new game is an almost certain insta buy, well given the boy will no doubt go halfies on it anyway.

Understand your name now 'Link Prime'

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 06 April, 2023, 10:59:01 AMUnderstand your name now 'Link Prime'

That's one of the reasons...
< Twinrova wink >

Link Prime

Been playing the delightful Alwa's Awakening this week.
I've owned it on Evercade cart since Christmas, but never get round to it - been playing this version on PlayStation after getting it for a fiver in their spring sale.

Wonderful NES style adventure, with game-play elements from that era's Metroid and The Legend of Zelda.
Frustratingly difficult, but only in all the really good ways.
Bargain.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: pictsy on 21 February, 2023, 08:13:20 PMI have been playing Final Fantasy VIII for the last few weeks.  I never finished it, but I always liked it's style.  Obviously I broke the game straight away with card-mod.  I've put in about an hour before bed each night and have been enjoying it.  Even played too much Triple Triad for no real reason.  I am already thinking that when I am done I might replay Ocarina of Time and then maybe return to Final Fantasy IX (one of my top 5 favourite games, easily).

Funnily enough I'm nearly at the end of an FF8 replay. Likewise, I never finished it originally (think I let it drift somewhere around disc 3) and I always wondered how it ended.

This is also off the back of recently playing FF7 for the first time (thought I finally ought to see what all the fuss was about). FF8 gets a lot of stick for the junction system, but once it all clicks I actually think it's preferable to FF7's Materia. Love that you can easily switch your set-ups between characters - I got so sick of labouriosly putting all the Materia back onto an FF7 character every time the story had them leave the party for a while.
@jamesfeistdraws

Link Prime

Dredge

A game about fishing and exploration with engaging fishing mini-games, interesting places to explore, and cool H.P Lovecraft undertones. Lovely art too.

Link Prime

Quote from: Definitely Not Mister Pops on 02 October, 2023, 02:03:55 AMDredge

A game about fishing and exploration with engaging fishing mini-games, interesting places to explore, and cool H.P Lovecraft undertones. Lovely art too.

Alright Pops, you got yourself an 'add to wishlist' for a cheapo copy of Dredge.

I spent around 4 months scouring every surface of Hyrule's sky and depths, and finished Tears of the Kingdom to my satisfaction (* forget about the bleedin Korok seeds) a few weeks ago.

Foolishly, I booted up Horizon Forbidden West about 2 days later and am now in the thick of it.
Not enjoying it nearly as much as the first game in the series, and finding aspects of it, traversal included, a bit of a chore.
That said, great plot-line with the 'Far Zenith' twist.

Revisited Titanfall 2's campaign.

The best FPS campaign ever.

Fight me.

In a big stompy robot.

Link Prime

I passed a couple of enjoyable hours starting can completing indie horror gem Mothered on Friday night last.

Fantastic aesthetic, story and execution.
The game has lingered on my palate for the last three days. Well worth a play.