Main Menu

PCs for stuff but not really gaming - Recommend-me-do

Started by repoman, 19 August, 2020, 01:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

repoman

I don't know why but buying tech is so difficult now.  You can't just read a review because there are like 90% 5 star reviews and then a bunch of 1 star ones that sound honest and tell you that bit of tech won't work and will likely slaughter your family.

I'm currently looking to replace my not-good Lenovo all in one PC thing.  Pros:  being all in one is quite handy.  Cons:  slow, noisy, rubbish, touch screen stopped working.

All I want is a PC for doing web design, browsing and some Office stuff but with the option for it to be good for Photoshop and a little light video editing (my all in one tends to go to pieces when trying to process any visual effects).

Gaming isn't a priority at all as I'm strictly a console gamer, although the ability to emulate PS2 would be nice.

My requirements are that it isn't too big (a mid-sized tower is fine, plainer the better), it supports two monitors, is quiet, boots up quickly and is reasonably future proof.

Anyone got a recommendation? 

von Boom

If you don't mind second hand take a look on ebay for a box with a Xeon processor (X5680 is decent). You can find them for less than 200 quid. Add a moderate graphics card and you're good to go. You can get some with dual processors and masses of RAM for not much more than double that.

repoman