Main Menu

Hiya Toys Judge Dredd range?

Started by dweezil2, 23 July, 2021, 11:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lincnash

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 28 September, 2022, 11:07:09 AM
updates?

I saw yet another teaser for the VERY long list of pre-orders with a b&w variant of JUDGE FEAR (who the drokk asked for replicas of ThreeA's poor selling b&w variants with minimal to no interest from Squaxx, in small 1/18 scale anyway?).  ::)

Nothing on actual product release dates from any of the official channels.
The only release from HIYA's Toof line to date has been Dredd/Death set for SDCC. Release must have been set in stone for that one and HIYA couldn't wriggle out of it, most likely due to risk of heavy financial penalties payable to the SDCC behemoth if the release was missed.

Frequent pre-order teasers and rescheduling releases with drokk all to show for it makes me an a apathetic little Squaxx. Think I'll smash up a Marvel Legends Punisher figure and use my creative sausage fingers to make my own MEAN in 1/12 scale. Thumbs nose at HIYA's tardiness.
;-)

Trooper McFad

Quote from: lincnashOZ on 03 October, 2022, 09:39:47 PM
updates?

I saw yet another teaser for the VERY long list of pre-orders with a b&w variant of JUDGE FEAR (who the drokk asked for replicas of ThreeA's poor selling b&w variants with minimal to no interest from Squaxx, in small 1/18 scale anyway?).  ::)

Nothing on actual product release dates from any of the official channels.
The only release from HIYA's Toof line to date has been Dredd/Death set for SDCC. Release must have been set in stone for that one and HIYA couldn't wriggle out of it, most likely due to risk of heavy financial penalties payable to the SDCC behemoth if the release was missed.

Frequent pre-order teasers and rescheduling releases with drokk all to show for it makes me an a apathetic little Squaxx. Think I'll smash up a Marvel Legends Punisher figure and use my creative sausage fingers to make my own MEAN in 1/12 scale. Thumbs nose at HIYA's tardiness.
;-)

If you do a smash up please post on "Does my figure look big in this.." I'd love to see it 😁👍🏻
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

lincnash

If you do a smash up please post on "Does my figure look big in this.." I'd love to see it 😁👍🏻

If I find the motivation and time, will do.

September's gone, rescheduled releases are a no show.
    Judge Dredd – Sep 2022
    Judge Death – Sep 2022
    Judge Anderson – Sep 2022
    Klegg Mercenary – Sep 2022
PULL YOUR DROKKIN' FINGER OUT HIYA, this cannot be good for your reputation, future sales or any Squaxx committing to preorders on the already announced figures/vehicle.
;-)

Barrington Boots

Totally. I only went for the Klegg, as I was a bit wary of them announcing a dozen seperate pre-orders figures before any had actually been released. I'd love to get some of the others I won't be pre-ordering anything else - we'll see if they actually get to market.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

lincnash

It is a concern and I won't commit to any pre-orders also (even though the teaser shots of any character are most tempting).

In my research I have found "wowHD e-tailer" which seem more a online DVD,BluRay,music supplier, but are offering most of the HIYA 2000AD series at RRP which includes "Regular Shipping" from the local warehouse. Pre-order and your CC is only charged at release(with HIYA who knows when that will be???) wowHD have warehouses on every major continent when I review the site.

https://www.wowhd.com.au/search?q=JUDGE+DREDD+PX&mod=AP

https://www.wowhd.co.uk/search?q=judge+dredd+px+1%2F8&mod=AP

Basically RRP which includes regular local shipping and no charge until the figure is actually ready for shipping out, seems like a very fair deal.
Has anyone had any ordering experience from this online retailer?

But in asking the forum that question, my caveat would be I wouldn't pre-order with wowHD anyway with all the HIYA teasers/pre-orders stacking up with no actual releases coming forward. My cynical side says each figures pre-order status doesn't reach HIYA's sales expectations, so they tease the next character hoping that promotes a boost in overall pre-orders and finances, before they are willing to commit to going forward with full series production.

BPP

Found it annoying Zavvi closed orders on most of these before the first are released. Seems an odd business strategy.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Trooper McFad

Quote from: BPP on 11 October, 2022, 03:32:50 PM
Found it annoying Zavvi closed orders on most of these before the first are released. Seems an odd business strategy.

Yep I saw that when I last visited their site.
Nerd Toys still have a few for sale but some that are "Sold out" ! Before they are even shipped is this normal?

Dash Decent

Quote from: lincnashOZ on 06 October, 2022, 09:33:17 PM
September's gone, rescheduled releases are a no show.
    Judge Dredd – Sep 2022
    Judge Death – Sep 2022

Hiyatoys.com has both Dredd and Death listed as "in stock", but yes, I've been holding on for a few more to become available before placing an order an that's the thing stopping me at the moment.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

lincnash

Quote from: BPP on 11 October, 2022, 03:32:50 PM

Most odd.
Ignore my cynically thinking out loud post, presuming it's some form of coercion to pre-order lots.
Much more likely the manufacturing blokes know each plastic injection character mold is only good for "x" amount of uses and the pre-orders are getting close to or exceeding that limit.
Good way of selling all units available and generating a sense of rarity.
Most capitalist business strategy would be to take all orders possible and scale production upwards to meet demand and increase profits.
I dunno, weird CCP governed business decisions?.

Quote from: Dash Decent on 12 October, 2022, 01:48:56 PM
Hiyatoys.com has both Dredd and Death listed as "in stock", but yes, I've been holding on for a few more to become available before placing an order an that's the thing stopping me at the moment.

Thanks for the heads up, went and checked on your report.
That is ZARJAZ news they are available direct from manufacturer, kills the uncertainty of all the pre-orders without any releases.
YAY! :-)
(But also a wise move to hold off a bit and take advantage of combined international shipping at a later date,hopefully.)

Dash Decent

I'm hoping other figures become available to order soon.  I'd like to order some so they can see there's interest.  I can understand why they're starting with Dredd and Death, but it would be better if they started with some of the other figures no one has released before.

Dredd and Death have already been done by other toy companies, and Dredd looks like his head is stuck in a bucket.  I'd like to see it in hand, but his head looks triangular to me, with the helmet getting more pinched the higher it goes.  It's fortunate the other characters so far don't wear helmets (I think Giant has a removable helmet, but of course with Dredd that can never be an option.)  Hopefully they'll improve Dredd for the Lawmaster release.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

BPP

Has anyone been able to pre-order on hiya? Fir me (ipad /safari) the preorder page for a figure seems to lack an option to actually preorder?
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

lincnash

Same here viewing from the Radback.
Looks like HIYA is only offering orders for the instock Dredd and Death 1/18th figures, allowing "add to cart" with payment by Paypal only.
All the other figures not yet released and listed as "coming soon", seem to be teaser pages only with no method to add a pre-order to cart.
:-(

Trooper McFad

Now we've got Anderson on the Lawmaster to eventually look forward to 🤨
I'd rather have a single Lawmaster (if all the judges fit) or other Mega city characters.

Ideally though I would have loved another range from the tooth stable but that's wishful thinking 😫

Another thing - now they say the dates for "shipping" aren't out to the punters but shipping from China! That could mean at least another 2 months before the "September" release reach the shops!!
I'm excited on the range and look forward to getting my paws on them but this waiting on the actual figures is doing ma nut.

Dash Decent

I like the idea of getting Anderson with the Lawmaster, but it does mean I'm not going to buy the Anderson only figure.  Which means another delay in signalling to Hiya that there's interest in this line.

That said, the list of shipping out of China has a fair few Septembers in it (and is not in order, which suggests later figures are releasing earlier) so there might be other reasons not to delay purchasing.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll