Main Menu

Bargains and deals

Started by sheldipez, 07 March, 2013, 09:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Don't you just love a surprise bargain - for my sins I had 'The Goon - Bunch of Old Crap vol.5' pre-ordered on Amazon (I know, I know but I forget to pick stuff up otherwise!) and the dispatch notice came this morning and the price - at some point during the time I've had it ordered - had come down to £6.64 so that's the price there charging me - what a RESULT...

IndigoPrime

I like the way the company honours lowest price during the pre-order period. But it's zero for three for me and HC pre-orders of late, and so I'm done with anything remotely limited in nature. The latest Amazon fuck-up was Usagi Saga 9 limited edition. Fortunately, when initial distribution issues surrounding that volume became clear, I made a 'panic' second pre-order a while back with Speedyhen, who did deliver. And, yes, Amazon cannot control distribution, but its sheer size means it should have buying power and secure orders if you pre-order on day one. That it doesn't showcases a preference for 'agility' and 'just in time' over people actually getting the books they ordered.

moogie101

New Humble Bundle Millarworld deal

Kickass The New Girl 1/2/3
Hitgirl 1/2/3/4/5/6
Reborn
Sharkey
Jupiters Legacy 1/2/3/4
Chrononauts 1/2
Magic Order
Wanted
American Jesus 1/2
Kingsman/ Kingsman Red Diamond
Space Bandits
Kickass 1/2/3/4
Starlight
MPH
Huck
Prodigy

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/millarworld-netflix-comics-from-image-comics-books?hmb_source=humble_home&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_4_layout_index_2_layout_type_carousel_tile_index_2_c_millarworldnetflixcomicsfromimagecomics_bookbundle

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

death wish (treasury of british comics WITH VANYO ART!!) 4 quid on amazon uk atm.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Mind of Wolfie Smith on 30 October, 2021, 01:39:55 PM
death wish (treasury of british comics WITH VANYO ART!!) 4 quid on amazon uk atm.

Bloomin' heck that's quite the deal.

Colin YNWA

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 11 November, 2021, 07:29:59 PM
Lone Wolf and Cub Humble Bundle - its quite the fantastic deal and contains a LOT of other stuff (which I don't know I should say - including Crying Freeman which I've never read but heard good things about.
Oh wow! I've been waiting a long time and none of this stuff - Lone Wolf & Cub, Shogun Executioner - is ever in the Dark Horse sales on Comixology so this is a must.

I got a the first few issues of Crying Freeman when Epic [citation needed] started printing it in the early 90s (around the time Akira was blowing up.) Don't remember it being much beyond stylish hitman stuff but happy to revisit.
We never really die.

sintec

Awesome I've been after the Lady Snowblood books for a while but they're always stupid expensive on ebay and the like, same with Path of the Assassin. I've got full sets of Lone Wolf and Cub and Samurai Executioner on the book shelf (both of which are fantastic). Even taking the double dip into account that this still looks like a bargin (especially as a digital double dip doesn't eat up shelf space). Was never that into Crying Freeman but willing to give it another go.

Colin YNWA

Is Samurai Executioner any good? I'm guessing so.

sintec

There's not the long narrative arc that Lone Wolf has, it's a series of stories featuring the same central character. There are a few repeat characters but generally each tale is a self contained story about a criminal and how they came to be executed by Yamada Asaemon. Some of the stories can be a bit grim/depressing at times but they're beautifully drawn and there's clearly a lot of research gone into the setting and characters. I'm actually looking forward to seeing the art on a bigger screen as the volumes I have from dark horse are all quite small (10*15).

IndigoPrime

Latest Humble Bundle is Ed Brubaker: https://www.humblebundle.com/books/ed-brubaker-image-comics-books

Loads of insanely good stuff in there.

moogie101

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 23 December, 2021, 08:07:50 PM
Latest Humble Bundle is Ed Brubaker: https://www.humblebundle.com/books/ed-brubaker-image-comics-books

Loads of insanely good stuff in there.

My favourite writer so got them already but thats a cracking deal.

Jade Falcon

Mystery Star Trek graphic novel pack from Zavvi.  Allegedly 10 books for a tenner.  Its a take your chance what you get though as its randomly picked.  If you don't have any though its a deal.

Saying that though I ordered and got my package today and it literally disintegrated in my hand.  The books are in decent condition, though three are missing.  I've written to Zavvi stating that I'm not happy.  That might seem petty at that price but if something is advertised you expect to get it complete.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

IndigoPrime

Bits of partwork, judging by the pic. But if they only sent seven, that's not what was ordered and they should send you three more.

Jade Falcon

It is indeed parts of a partwork, hardback, decent quality, but I have sent an email saying the packing was poor and that parts of the order were missing, so I hope for a resolution.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov