2000 AD > General

how to do a prog slog

<< < (3/166) > >>

sheridan:

--- Quote from: Dash Decent on 23 May, 2015, 10:52:27 AM ---
--- Quote from: sheridan on 22 May, 2015, 09:15:28 PM ---At some point before the end of this year I'm going to embark on a prog slog (or possibly a back prog slog), but as it means I'll be devoting quite a chunk of my time to it, I want to make sure I start out doing it right.
--- End quote ---

Are you going to keep a prog slog blog too Sheridan, or are you rereading them just for pleasure?

I like the idea of reading Tornado or some other contemporaneous titles along with the weekly prog to get a sense of the past.  Nice one!

--- End quote ---
I'm thinking of some sort of blog - trying to think of some sort of angle that others haven't covered before (though if I can't , I'll probably just do it anyway).  First things first - got to come up with a name for it...  Both ideas so far featuring travelling / journeying terms:

* Back Prog Hack
* Meg Trek

Buttonman:
Prog Party? Issue Endeavour? Comic Quest?

Fungus:
Prog Peregrination
Box of Progs
Prog Blog

sheridan:

--- Quote from: Jock Savage on 23 May, 2015, 08:42:56 AM ---
--- Quote from: sheridan on 22 May, 2015, 09:15:28 PM ---In what order should I actually read them?  Cover-to-cover as they came out?
--- End quote ---

I would say so. That way you get an impression of the history of the comic as well as the development of the strips themselves.

Throwing in annuals and specials sounds like a great way of adding a bit of variety, but I'm not sure the complicated business of coordinating the Megazine's erratic publishing schedule with the prog is worth the bother. There are 2 or 3 epics where the Dredd strips in both comics hook up, but for the rest of the 25 years they're just 2 comics from the same publisher.

--- End quote ---

I've also just thought that the Virgin and Abaddon shall need to fit in somewhere.

Buttonman:

--- Quote from: Fungus on 23 May, 2015, 01:23:23 PM ---Prog Blog

--- End quote ---

This could reignite the old is it pronounced 'Pr-oag' or 'Pr-og'. I'm a 'Pr-oag' person as it is short for 'programme'.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version