2000 AD > General

how to do a prog slog

<< < (4/166) > >>

Fungus:
Aware of this schism (hm, Skizzm?)... For the record, my progs rhyme with frogs. Always been aware it's shortened from 'programme' and still preferred 'prawg', see absolutely no problem with this and it just sounds better. In this bonkers-future world of podcasts, thrillcasts, etc. I detect 'prawgs' might be in the majority? But obviously I do hear both. Was it ever 'resolved' ?

"Prog Bloag" then  ?  :) That is kind of pleasing...

Dandontdare:

--- Quote from: Buttonman on 23 May, 2015, 01:44:08 PM ---
--- Quote from: Fungus on 23 May, 2015, 01:23:23 PM ---Prog Blog

--- End quote ---

This could reignite the old is it pronounced 'Pr-oag' or 'Pr-og'. I'm a 'Pr-oag' person as I'm wrong

--- End quote ---

FTFY

Albion:
I'm not sure when I started my slog.
The amount of Progs I get through in a week varies. I read the issues before the Star Lord merger some time ago and then started from Prog 86 fairly recently.

Another fun part of it is recognising the names of some of the letter writers and fan artists who I now know or have gone on to work for Tharg.

Colin YNWA:

--- Quote from: Albion on 23 May, 2015, 02:37:41 PM ---Another fun part of it is recognising the names of some of the letter writers and fan artists who I now know or have gone on to work for Tharg.

--- End quote ---

Yeah it certainly is. It for this reason and ones like it that I'll always prefer to have the original Progs (surely its always as in rhymes with frogs as the alternatiave are just uck! Even if it is short for Programme Pr-oags is just horrible!) over neat and easy trade collections. Another thing I love is the way the ads in the Progs really help give the stories a context about the time and environment they were created in.

Buttonman:
This fine thread (along with 'Letters to the Green Dude') contains of of the art and letters that could be scraped together for future creators - might spoil the fun of stumbling across them though!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version