Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Max Normal vs Lilly MacKenzie Rd 2 Heat 01

Started by Colin YNWA, 17 January, 2022, 06:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Colin YNWA

Last day on this one and it looks very close so any last minute votes will almost certainly have an impact. Get um in and I'll count them up in the morning

AlexF

Sadly, I believe Lilly M has disappeared into that drawer where things go when an artist really wants to work on it but nobody is paying 'um to do it :(

Richard

Link Prime

Quote from: AlexF on 19 January, 2022, 08:03:13 AM
Sadly, I believe Lilly M has disappeared into that drawer where things go when an artist really wants to work on it but nobody is paying 'um to do it :(

Shame if that's the case.
It slotted in well in the Meg at the time.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Link Prime on 19 January, 2022, 04:51:31 PM
Quote from: AlexF on 19 January, 2022, 08:03:13 AM

Shame if that's the case.
It slotted in well in the Meg at the time.

Very much in agreement here - I was really looking forward to a follow up series. I just really enjoyed the central relationship. It felt very real.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well wow what a first tie that was for the second round. Two great thrills and a lot of love for both. In the end it was so close nothing could seperate them. So I get the unenviable task of making a final call. I really like both these thrills Simon Fraser's work on Lilly MacKenzie is top draw, its a fun, different engaging thrill. I'd love to have it back. Max Normal however does something few have. The series popped in and out as a cute distraction in annuals and specials back in the day. It fleshed out Mega City One but didn't really do too much more. Then years later under Guy Davis and Dan Cornwell its thundered back into the Prog, when no one was expecting it and told a simply brilliant orgin story no one new they needed. And that abilility to span the generations mean

Max Normal

gets this one for me, but much love to Lilly MacKenzie. See you in Round 3 Max.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 20 January, 2022, 06:25:45 AM
Then years later under Guy Davis and Dan Cornwell...

Not that that wouldn't have been amazing, but it was Guy Adams.
@jamesfeistdraws

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 20 January, 2022, 10:36:06 AM

No I mean what I typed. I MEAN GUY DAVIS... or more accurately... yeah your right, sorry folks.

BPP

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 20 January, 2022, 10:38:44 AM

No I mean what I typed. I MEAN GUY DAVIS... or more accurately... yeah your right, sorry folks.

I think this is enough to disqualify your vote and send Lilly into the next round.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Colin YNWA

Quote from: BPP on 20 January, 2022, 03:13:58 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 20 January, 2022, 10:38:44 AM

I could do that but then I'd just miss type Lilly MacKenzie as Max Normal and it'd all just go through, unchanged and unnoticed!

I think this is enough to disqualify your vote and send Lilly into the next round.