Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Counterfeit Girl vs. Strontium Dogs Round 3 Heat 16

Started by Colin YNWA, 19 May, 2022, 06:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Well if Week 1 broke you into what Round 3 could be like Week 2 will show you its extremes with possibly the tie of the Round coming in (though there is one later that possibly tops even this). Eyes will be blinding, hair will be torn out before this week is over...

Bit of a cool down from yesterday... very interesting one mind. Strontium DogS (DOGS, with an 'S' the 'S' is very important) pulled off another shock (well to me at least) in Round 2, toppling Tharg's 3rillers, did not see that coming. Counterfeit Girl hasn't much form so far, only having faced Brit-Cit Babes and brushed them aside BUT it has form elsewhere having won Broodbliks Sideshow vote for the best none Bad Company Milligan story and that's no mean feit (see what I did there, do ya) at all.

Counterfeit Girl - more info

Vs

Strontium Dogs - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Sunday 22st May and the winner gets a place in Round 4 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

Magnetica

AlexF

Have just read the Hachette collection of the Ennis stuff, and I have to say Nigel Dobbyn's art really was brilliant, far better than I remembered. Steve Pugh's work I did remember as being great, and it still is.

Counterfeit Girl.

rogue69

Huey2

sintec

Counterfeit Girl had some interesting ideas and a unique look. Maybe I'll change my mind once the final vol of Strontium Dogs turns up in the UC but Dogs just feels like a pale imitation of it's parent strip so far.

Magnetica

Quote from: sintec on 19 May, 2022, 12:39:49 PM
...Dogs just feels like a pale imitation of it's parent strip so far.

Yes it's certainly that. It's amazing that something set in the same world, with the same premise can be so...let's say...different.

But you know- no Wagner or Grant and no Carlos.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Magnetica on 19 May, 2022, 12:46:38 PM
Quote from: sintec on 19 May, 2022, 12:39:49 PM
...Dogs just feels like a pale imitation of it's parent strip so far.

Yes it's certainly that. It's amazing that something set in the same world, with the same premise can be so...let's say...different.

But you know- no Wagner or Grant and no Carlos.

It's the loss of Wagner, I think. Even the last few Stront stories proper - like Stone Killers and Royal Affair - are a bit meh, and yet they've got Grant and Ezquerra attached.
@jamesfeistdraws

BPP

Really enjoyed Counterfeit Girl and we don't get enough Rufus in the prog!
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Oh grud, what a choice. My all-time worst 2000AD strip versus one from the bottom tier.

Strontium Dogs. Because it isn't Counterfeit Girl.

SBT

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++